Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 03:56 AM

Should I confess to the police?

I am guilty, afterall.

Went to McD's about an hour ago(0200hrs)on the way back from picking my son up.
On the way home I went through a speed camera at about 35-40 max and the camera went off.
I know it's my own fault but I'm well pee'd off with myself, not for speeding but getting caught out.

Now here's the dilemma, I've been on site today and it was rather muddy, all this mud has covered my vehicle including the number plate.

Do I confess or face many sleepless nights worrying?

Night folks, I'm off for a lovely uninterrupted nights kip. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 04:02 AM

Re: Should I confess to the police?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I am guilty, afterall.

Went to McD's about an hour ago(0200hrs)on the way back from picking my son up.
On the way home I went through a speed camera at about 35-40 max and the camera went off.
I know it's my own fault but I'm well pee'd off with myself, not for speeding but getting caught out.

Now here's the dilemma, I've been on site today and it was rather muddy, all this mud has covered my vehicle including the number plate.

Do I confess or face many sleepless nights worrying?

Night folks, I'm off for a lovely nights sleep,. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
In a word Tpin.
NO!
You haven't robbed a bank!
Move on, and have a good night's sleep.

Take care

Kenny
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 07:24 AM

Def dont confess - they get enough money off us motorists
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 07:51 AM

My hubby has just said it will have picked it up anyway's possible to them, theyre devious ba***rds.. Not unless the mud is 3ins thick Dont own up.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 08:00 AM

Let them contact you, no point in making a "Snap" decision.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:28 AM

Cor you lot are a right bunch of latent criminals
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:35 AM

Don't confess there may not even be film in the camera, one down the road here flashes at speeders but has no film in it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:42 AM

I'd say put it out your head Tpin. They'll let you know if they want you, it's not as if you were doing 90, mown 10 people down, and wrecked 3 cars, is it. Stop worrying.
It happened to me once as Julie said, the camera flashed at me and I worried for the next fortnight about the consequences, then never heard a thing.
If worse comes to worse, we'll bring you a cake with a file in it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Just to point out it is also an offence not having a number plate easily read. if yours was that muddy then it should have been cleaned before driving off

Some try and avoid this by putting on "Show Plates" or ones which reflect back so a speed camera cant read it. Also it is an offence to have numbers and letters spaced wrongly or the wrong size. Number plates (newish cars) should now show the the country ( flag and initials) and who supplied the vehicle, unless the plates have been third party replaced for a reason.

A correctly displayed plate should be like mine which is a personal plate and totally legal

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:51 AM

Hey Tpin, Did you enjoy eating your Big Mac or don't you remember as you had other things on your mind?
Tell them your wife was in labour !

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top