Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 04:58 PM

For the Want of a Nail

For want of a nail, I thought of this saying the other night,I reached for my glasses on my bed side cabinet from my bed ,caught the flex of my bedside lamp which caught the cup of water I always have there, I was just in time to stop it going over, all for the want of my glasses
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: For the Want of a Nail

Why did you need a 'nail' .........?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:03 PM

How quickly a small event can turn into a "near disaster" (minor disaster )...thats the domino effect lol one small mishap leads to another even bigger mishap....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Why did you need a 'nail' .........?
It's an old saying

For want of a nail the shoe was lost
For want of a shoe the horse was lost
For want of a horse the rider was lost
For want of a rider the battle was lost
For losing the battle the kingdom was lost
All for the sake of the horseshoe nail.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's an old saying

For want of a nail the shoe was lost
For want of a shoe the horse was lost
For want of a horse the rider was lost
For want of a rider the battle was lost
For losing the battle the kingdom was lost
All for the sake of the horseshoe nail.
Thanks
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 05:50 PM

I had finished doing a work out on my exercise ball when I knocked it across the room where it hit the candles in my fireplace which fell and knocked over the vase of flowers. Must have used up more muscle power in cleaning up than I did on the exercise ball.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I had finished doing a work out on my exercise ball when I knocked it across the room where it hit the candles in my fireplace which fell and knocked over the vase of flowers. Must have used up more muscle power in cleaning up than I did on the exercise ball.

That 'has' to be true

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top