Join for free
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 08:30 AM

The BBC

I see that the Director General of the BBC has told polititians to stop meddling in their affairs. That is a fair comment. But no meddling would take place if they didn't keep coming out with their crack pot ideas on how the money should be spent.

Their latest savings method is to cut a load of popular programmes from the screen, while not getting rid of any of the 70 plus top earners, who pocket a cool £150,000 plus per annum salary. This follows their "wise decision" to move their studios out of London, and then have to pay millions of pounds per year in Taxi and Hotel bills, for guests and staff.

Ok, so they may get interference from governments, but if the BBC was running the country instead of a waning broadcastcompany, there would be no need for Osborne's cuts in expenditure. The country would already be broke!!!.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 08:51 AM

Re: The BBC

I agree that the Beeb need someone to keep an eye on them. If they had their way the TV Licence would become a form of council tax. Much as I would hate politicians to manipulate the news, I don't much like the way the Beeb manipulate it either!

If I were a politician, I'd like HMRC to keep a pretty close eye on the Beeb elite and their expenses!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top