Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:22 PM

Question for the Blokes - which shaver?

I have used a Wilkinson Sword Quatro Titanium wet shave razor for years, and have always been happy with the results.

However for a few months now i cannot get the clean shave i used to be able to achieve.

Left wondering if the quality has dropped, or if my stubble is just that bit harder to shave.

So does anyone have a recommendation based on what you are currently using. ?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:28 PM

Re: Question for the Blokes - which shaver?

Hi Nom i use BIC 1 sensitive disposable razors never had any problems with them always get a good shave.☺
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:30 PM

I use Gillette Sensor Excel or Gillette Mach 3 and I have tried both the disposable and cartridge type.

I re-use the 'disposable' ones as I just clean them after each shave with a hot shower and I find they last just as long but with the added benefit of not worrying if you lose any.

I also don't shave against the grain unless I am on a night out or somewhere else where I want to look my best. On top of that I only shave about once a week - shave too often and your hair seems to grow thicker so it's always good to let it have a full growth cycle at least once a month.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:34 PM

I have always wet shaved and the cost of blades has become stupid. I want a shave that is like a baby bum,not a second mortgage to buy blades to leave me with stubble.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I use Gillette Sensor Excel or Gillette Mach 3 and I have tried both the disposable and cartridge type.

I re-use the 'disposable' ones as I just clean them after each shave with a hot shower and I find they last just as long but with the added benefit of not worrying if you lose any.

I also don't shave against the grain unless I am on a night out or somewhere else where I want to look my best. On top of that I only shave about once a week - shave too often and your hair seems to grow thicker so it's always good to let it have a full growth cycle at least once a month.

Good point Azz, while in hospital i shaved daily, i also used the hot water method to clean my blades.

Doc ive tried disposables but im a bit of a Desperate Dan type face so never quite touched it.

Ive tried several times to grow a full set during the Winter months, cant get past the itchy and scratchy phase.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-10-2015, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have always wet shaved and the cost of blades has become stupid. I want a shave that is like a baby bum,not a second mortgage to buy blades to leave me with stubble.
Got to agree with you OG becoming a rip off and silly prices.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:43 PM

Question for the Blokes - which shaver?
Mmm I am offended now what about ladies legs ...
I prefer a wet shave not one of those electric things which rip instead of cutting.

The same goes for my men, a wet shave please not electric stubble but preferably no shaving at all I love beards .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 03:54 PM

Shaving with a blade can make me sore, so I use a Philips electric shaver. It gets close enough for me.

Edit: Mrs mart doesn't mind it Meg. I had a beard for many years and she quite liked it too but I got fed up with it.

Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:01 PM

You'll see from my avatar that I have a full beard, but I still have to keep it trimmed round the edges. I've always used a wet shave with a double edged safety razor and a badger hair brush. I like a razor with a good weight and feel and preferrably a 'butterfly' mechanism.

Blades need not be expensive. I buy Wilkinsons sword from eBay in packs of 100 (20 x packs of 5). price is very reasonable.

I loathe these plastic disposable ones.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->

Edit: Mrs mart doesn't mind it Meg. I had a beard for many years and she quite liked it too but I got fed up with it.
oooo I love a good beard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top