Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Mission Statements

Hi

What is the point of them?

I try to avoid contact with any organisation which boasts a Mission Statement, strikes me as a pompous load of nonsense.

They seem to be bound with meaningless management systems, buzz words, brand imaging etc.

It has been my misfortune recently to have been dealing with an organisation, on behalf of someone who needs help, which no longer has a Customer Satisfaction Survey, or indeed a record of Customer complaints.

They do however have a Customer Delight Index, I joke not, which shows an overwhelming number of customers who were, presumably, delighted to have dealt with this particular organisation.

They are striving to achieve excellence, working towards a total Customer Experience.

They do not measure complaints, only outcomes, as a complaint is a negative experience for both Customers and Staff and what Customers are really doing, is not making a complaint but signposting areas where a better customer customer experience may be achievable.

What a load of twaddle.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 01:32 PM

Re: Mission Statements

I have recently had a spate of dealing with customer services - different companies - and they have all driven me to despair.
Cannot understand what is so difficult in solving a problem.
Absolute rubbish today
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 03:09 PM

I use to work for a company whose mission statement was 'we make peoples lives better', well my staff didnt think so after 2 rounds of redundancies, changes to contract and then they got rid of me as well. So much for mission statements
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 04:01 PM

'Mission statements'
definition..
''a formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization, or individual''.

'The proof is in the pudding' as they say..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 04:45 PM

If we're talking Customer Services or Customer Care in terms of businesses' responses to their Customers' queries or complaints it's all gone South in recent years, therefore these Mission Statements are meaningless and actually quite pathetic.

Good Customer Service is a rarity these days yet so many companies think they're the bees knees at it that it's quite hilarious.

Companies now spend far less on tangible training of any sort and prefer to do everything on the cheap or they're so stupid that they are fooled into believing that some hocum from someone claiming to be able to achieve miraculous results from employees in the art of keeping the customer satisfied.

Most of my working life in the past 27 years has been what I call customer-focused, meaning that the aim is to keep the customer satisfied or at least happy!

To me the customer was paying my wages so deserved the BEST that I could give on behalf of my employer.

That simple fact is ignored these days and customers are treated with disdain to say the least - that's totally wrong and if I am treated badly I will complain - LOUDLY, to anyone within my vicinity and THAT'S the way it should be in my book.

The UK's citizens are well-known for putting up with crap so this should end now.

If you get bad service MAKE A NOISE!

It's the only thing these smug bastards can't handle. stevmk2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
It has been my misfortune recently to have been dealing with an organisation, on behalf of someone who needs help, which no longer has a Customer Satisfaction Survey, or indeed a record of Customer complaints.

They do however have a Customer Delight Index, I joke not,
OMG that is unbelievable and a completely new one on me and I thought I had seen all the many manifestations of the 'Mission Statement' that it is possible to create

If the libel laws prevent actually naming this organisation how about a bit of a clue
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 05:08 PM

What a load of B*ll*x.....Customer Delight Index? huh? lol
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:43 AM

Does it taste as nice as Angel Delight?!

Who sits up late at night thinking up these ludicrous sayings?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top