Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Why do they?

Why do folks who have lived in a street for years think they have the right to tell people who have lived there for less amounts of time what to do?
I talk to everyone in our road which seems to be upsetting some as there are long-running feuds going on. I point out that I just want to get along with everyone and not get involved. That provoked one woman into pointing out that her family has, "lived in this road since before these houses were built..." in other words because I've only lived here 14 years I have no rights.
I find that very puzzling and upsetting.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:05 PM

Re: Why do they?

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Why do folks who have lived in a street for years think they have the right to tell people who have lived there for less amounts of time what to do?
I talk to everyone in our road which seems to be upsetting some as there are long-running feuds going on. I point out that I just want to get along with everyone and not get involved. That provoked one woman into pointing out that her family has, "lived in this road since before these houses were built..." in other words because I've only lived here 14 years I have no rights.
I find that very puzzling and upsetting.

People are very puzzling Twiz and sometimes very upsetting too - if it doesn't affect you directly, let them get on with it ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:07 PM

That is odd, we tend to feel as we have been here longest (first to move in all those years ago) people should perhaps try to fit in a bit with how it is rather than us change to fit in with them. But if they don't it's not a problem. The long term feuds here tend to rumble along but we have always refused to get involved and speak to anyone who wants to speak to us really. Some people IMO never get beyond school age with their behaviour.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Territoral behaivour .. bit like dogs
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That is odd, we tend to feel as we have been here longest (first to move in all those years ago) people should perhaps try to fit in a bit with how it is rather than us change to fit in with them. But if they don't it's not a problem. The long term feuds here tend to rumble along but we have always refused to get involved and speak to anyone who wants to speak to us really. Some people IMO never get beyond school age with their behaviour.

That is so true - shame it is, 'cos it gets on me nerves, too many of them about for my liking .......
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:24 PM

It's like going in a club or to bingo if anyone does here? You alway's get someone saying " That's My Seat ".
You do what's best for you and it's them saddo's that spoil things for the rest. If they want to live a miserable life let them get on with it. You keep your head above the clouds and do your own thing..
My neighbours are the pits but were fighting back in our own way, and that's by ignoring them and getting on with what's more important OUR LIFE...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:29 PM

I don't have much to do with them but being in the corner of a cul-de-sac I have to go past them, my elderly neighbour has been good to me since I moved in but, has upset some of the others who now think I'm in cahoots with him because I talk to him lot as I see him most days. He's an old man who's not at all well. I think the other problem is I used to live on their side of the road and moved into this bungalow on the other side so now I'm "foreign ":-o
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:38 PM

Only 14 years Twiz, Ah sure you're still only a blow in.
I think it happens everywhere unfortunately. The wife was born in this house in 1945 and she gets on great with everyone, new and old and would never mention how long she's here only if someone asked. The way some folks go on about their area you'd think they sprouted up out of the soil there, don't mind them, it's their loss.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I don't have much to do with them but being in the corner of a cul-de-sac I have to go past them, my elderly neighbour has been good to me since I moved in but, has upset some of the others who now think I'm in cahoots with him because I talk to him lot as I see him most days. He's an old man who's not at all well. I think the other problem is I used to live on their side of the road and moved into this bungalow on the other side so now I'm "foreign ":-o
There's nowt as queer as fowk..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 06:39 PM

I do question what is wrong with people . Where has all this selfishness and rudeness and anger come from in our world . Why are people like this , what has brought it on .

I've heard of times past , dreadful war years , communities helped each other , supported each other , shared .

What is it that has caused such self self self attitudes. It's frightening to me .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top