Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:56 PM

How's your appetite?

The reason I ask is because just lately I can’t seem to stop eating.

Today for instance – I’ve been out to lunch. I had a lovely BBQ chicken with all the trimmings followed by cherry cheesecake.
I’ve made a beef casserole with dumplings for Tony’s evening meal . For myself I was going to have something light but I can’t resist dumplings so I’m going for the same meal that Tony’s having.
That’s two enormous meals in one day. I thought we ate less as we got older but I’m eating more!

My weight isn’t a problem yet but it soon could be.

How’s your appetite?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:03 PM

Re: How's your appetite?

Voracious . I think the more you eat the more you want to eat. I think it gets into a habit. As long as we are working it off by exercising then that will help. Let's face it, there's so much lovely food available these days. You have to have great willpower.

Carol, i've seen your pics and you look fab!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:19 PM

Funny you should bring this up ,i eat like food is going out of fashion! Piling on the weight and i brought this fact up , at the Doctors when i went recently (my weight increase ,)' she said it was because my metabolism had slowed down ,id reached that age she said with an apology thrown in for mentioning it ..
I think you might have got. less sleep mixed up with eating less ...
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:21 PM

I eat loads too - far too much for my own good. I get really cross when so-called pensioner's meals out are child size.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:31 PM

I don't eat a lot but still put on weight !!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I eat loads too - far too much for my own good. I get really cross when so-called pensioner's meals out are child size.
That is unfair Eccles, but it's probably because they are cheaper, they think they can skimp. Which isn't right. They're not doing pensioners any favours.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

18-03-2015, 07:42 PM

I moan about my weight and everyone says the same thing. "you're content". Does content mean fat? I do know what they are trying to say. We're enjoying wining and dining and just enjoying life together. Im still fat though........
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 07:42 PM

For sure I don't eat as much as I used to but I am certainly not fading away, my weight only varies by a few pounds. However I know I'm not as active as I used to be.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 08:57 PM

I'm only getting back to my normal weight and eating habit's now after going totally overboard on goodies over the Christmas and New Year holidays.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Im a Gannet, but im a growing lad. Just need to change direction to up from sideways. and i will be perfick and 20feet tall

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top