Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 04:38 PM

Wonderful ! Deaf man moved to tears

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lk-Turkey.html
With so much awful news around this story is so uplifting and wouldn't it be wonderful if the entire world could be like this !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 04:50 PM

Re: Wonderful ! Deaf man moved to tears

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
With so much awful news around this story is so uplifting and wouldn't it be wonderful if the entire world could be like this !
Julie - I was about to post this, I was in tears reading it - so lovely ................
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 05:50 PM

What's the saying ? great minds think alike Patsy
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 06:57 PM

That is so heartwarming. Rest of the world - take note!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 07:16 PM

saw this on FB, really sweet...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is so heartwarming. Rest of the world - take note!!
If only - what a wonderful world it would be ....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can understand exactly how he felt and I don't need to know that much Signing to appreciate it either.

It makes one hell of a difference to your feelings of self worth if people just try to communicate with you a little better & treat you like a normal human being because quite often people do not.

I read lips but I also read body language quite well now because I can pick up a lot from that too yet people do not realise that.

A few weeks ago I was in a shop, temporarily away from my wife and I asked a young shop assistant something but I couldn't make out what he was saying so I had to ask him three times but he mumbled so I still got nowhere.

I told him that I am profoundly deaf and he said he'd get someone to help but as he passed another assistant I clearly saw him do the almost-universal sign that means retarded or stupid.

You get so used to that on a daily basis that I can imagine the shock that deaf man got!

It just doesn't happen normally. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-03-2015, 09:22 PM

Yes it's sad and while I never wish bad on anyone it may help some people if they had a very temporary dose of what they make fun of in others.

I remember when I was with my deaf friend several years ago, she needed help with her computer and I took her to pc world, we explained the problem and that she read lips so could they speak clearly. They misunderstood and thought we were both deaf and proceeded to have a nasty spite filled conversation about letting the retards out on their own ! They got a bit of a shock when they realised putting hands over their mouths when they spoke didn't stop me hearing every word.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top