Join for free
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Madbid

Has anyone been on this site and won a good bargain? It's tempting reading about all the bargains like iPads for £28 or so, seems too good to be true to me but then I am cautious.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Re: Madbid

No I've never been on that site Gabi .... not sure I'd want to either if they advertise iPads that cheap, surely there must be a catch somewhere?
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:40 PM

I have been on it, but not actually joined. Several journalists have reported about it, and it seems OK. Wouldn't mind an Apple computer.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:42 PM

They are not advertised Meg, as I read it they start at the price they should be then keep dropping down when bids are placed. I've been reading how it's don but still of the mind you get what you pay far....still you never know its been running for around 5yrs.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Ive not been on that site ,but just joined a Auction site that sells ex displays and end of lines from well known companies.
The ridiculously low prices they sell at goes to show the profit the big companies are making.
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:54 PM

All thats needed is a quick google search for "madbid.co.uk scams".

Its a very clever way of making some people rich whilst getting round the various gambling laws out there.

Main thing i find strange is that in these past five years ive not heard of anyone i know personally,praising it or even tbh mentioning it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:37 PM

Personally I don't trust websites like this. I'd rather go to a reputable store and pay full price and know what I'm getting.

What are the consumer's rights when buying goods on these sites if a problem arises with an item? Stops working or develops a fault?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 11:42 PM

they advertise on tv regularly and I would think if they weren't above board they'd be in serious trouble though they do sail too close to the wind, that said I wouldn't use it as you have to pay to bid and that alone can cost you dearly, check here for more info

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top