Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Cancelled booking

I'm currently on holiday and have just had a call from the place I booked 3 months ago for my last night to say they have cancelled my booking and booked me in elsewhere. They said they would pay for this, so I grumbled but thought maybe it would be ok. But then they emailed me to say that I would have to pay as I had only paid them a deposit!! I am busy looking for an alternative place to stay that night and trying to get my deposit back. I wonder what Spanish contract law would have to say about this...Seriously p****d off.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 03:31 PM

Re: Cancelled booking

Bet you are, The Spanish are a law unto themselves and visitors/foreigners are just money cows ready to be milked.
I went to Spain over 40 years ago and vowed never ever to go back.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 05:07 PM

Sorry, but I think that's a gross generalisation. I have spent a lot of time in rural Mallorca where I have encountered much kindness and generosity. I think you may have gone to the wrong area in Spain.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 05:44 PM

It sounds like shoddy treatment to me. At least you can get your own back on Trip Advisor.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It sounds like shoddy treatment to me. At least you can get your own back on Trip Advisor.
That's true!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

23-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I intend to! But not in a ranting way, just a very measured and very critical way...Hoping it might make people think twice about booking.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:05 PM

One can only speak as one finds, maybe Lloret De Mar was the wrong place and Barcelona as well. It was well over 40 years ago so things may have changed since then???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Oh gawd Ania, just what you need to get over the stress of the brother!
I am sure you will find a suitable solution shortly, you might even like it better. Think positive my friend. x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

24-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Thanks Mups. You really couldn't make this up...

As above, the B&B cancelled. I opted not to take their choice of alternative but to look for something myself. Found a good option via Booking.com, booked it (no payment necessary) and added a request. Got an email back from Booking.com confirming reservation and request and adding a comment from the owners in Spanish. Which said 'minimum 3 nights stay and full until 04 October'...Yet Booking.com were still saying it is confirmed!! Hastily cancel that ' booking' and look elsewhere. By this time I'm thinking maybe I'll spend a little more and treat myself. Found a lovely rural small hotel with a well reviewed restaurant, booked it online. Promptly get an email saying 'very sorry but we cannot honour your booking as we have got a water leak in that room which has to be repaired and there are no more rooms available'.
By this time I am beginning to get a persecution complex...but...I've now booked and paid for a fourth place for which I have confirmation. It also happens to have a rather nice restaurant My last night here may be a little expensive, but I'm worth it
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear you got messed around Ania. Go on, splash out on yerself now and make up for all the hassle, safe journey home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top