Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Louis Theroux

I absolutely love Louis Theroux documentaries. I've been watching them all on Netflix. He asks all the questions we would like the answer to, no matter who he's talking to. The Miama Mega Jail was harrowing, but he still spoke to these dangerous men as though they were "normal" people. America's most religious family - a bigoted group of people, but Louis also delved into the core of them.

Anyone else a fan of his ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Re: Louis Theroux

Alice I think LT is great, he has such a 'low key matter of fact' style of interviewing it disarms the person he is interviewing.
Even his expression gives little away .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Yes Meg he does give little away, but I think it shows through the next question he asks . The question we'd then like to ask ourselves!! I think he's great.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:09 PM

He met his match with Ann Widecombe though didn't he? This was on a few years ago and he kept badgering her that he'd like to meet her mother, who at that time lived with her. He received a right ear-bashing for that idea! A proper Widdy Wallop!!

Gwyn
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

05-08-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
He met his match with Ann Widecombe though didn't he? This was on a few years ago and he kept badgering her that he'd like to meet her mother, who at that time lived with her. He received a right ear-bashing for that idea! A proper Widdy Wallop!!

Gwyn
Yes, Anne kept him on his toes lol. Her mum was very open but Anne soon nipped that in the bud
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:22 PM

He keeps such a straight face as you say, Alice - and I think that just lulls his victims into a false sense of security - love it !

I also remember him interviewing Jimmy Savile who showed him all the 'Duchess's' clothes freshly dry cleaned and hanging in the wardrobe, even though she'd passed away years before - that gave me the creeps!

Gwyn
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Yes I like his style too ...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 04:36 AM

I enjoyed the ones ive seen, found Saville and Paul Daniels creepy, loved the Swingers episode so funny. A window into the wold of some starange characters.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I enjoyed the ones ive seen, found Saville and Paul Daniels creepy, loved the Swingers episode so funny. A window into the wold of some starange characters.
I found those two a bit odd as well and missed the third one .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

06-08-2014, 10:02 AM

I didn't see the Saville one, but my son told me about it. Apparently you can no longer see it? Surprise, surprise.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top