Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:23 AM

The Reshuffle Blues

Anyone honestly say they are influenced in favour of the Tories as a result of Cameron's makeover?
Seems to me that the issue is the continuation of their policies rather than which faces are fronting up for them. There will be no change to their attacks on ordinary people, and it just adds insult to injury that they think that replacing Gove for example, with a homophobic, privately educated woman lawyer is going to make voters go "ah yes, I can now vote Conservative because their education policies are in safe, informed hands"
Cynical politics at its worst.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:40 AM

Re: The Reshuffle Blues

I have to say I am disappointed when Cameron first got the job I thought we were in safe hands, after a series of dodgy decisions I am now thinking he doesn't know what he is doing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have to say I am disappointed when Cameron first got the job I thought we were in safe hands, after a series of dodgy decisions I am now thinking he doesn't know what he is doing.

Julie - he's a 'hooray henry' tory (phth, phth, phth) what do expect???
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 10:12 AM

I did not vote for the tories in the last election. But afterwards I thought maybe with two of the parties running the country together maybe things would change.

Not a jot. By the way where is Nick Clegg now a days. Don't seem to see him with Cameron very much now. Has he been pushed to the side, and equally useless.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie - he's a 'hooray henry' tory (phth, phth, phth) what do expect???
Honesty, good sense and someone who can lead the country with confidence. Haven't seen it though sadly.

I would say the same about anyone I wanted to be PM from any party, for me where they come from and how much they are worth financially means very little, it's what they can do for the country that matters.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Honesty, good sense and someone who can lead the country with confidence. Haven't seen it though sadly.

I would say the same about anyone I wanted to be PM from any party, for me where they come from and how much they are worth financially means very little, it's what they can do for the country that matters.

And as far as the tories (phth, phth, phth) are concerned - bugger all - they only want to line their own pockets!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-07-2014, 12:00 PM

And as far as the tories (phth, phth, phth) are concerned - bugger all - they only want to line their own pockets!!!
People like that in all the parties, perhaps time to open them eyes UJ and look around a bit closer at all of them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

16-07-2014, 12:28 PM

People like that in all the parties, perhaps time to open them eyes UJ and look around a bit closer at all of them.
Julie my eyes were open (politically) many decades ago. I hold no mandate in support of Miliband, who I regard as a junior Bliar. Have I not repeatedly argued and advocated a change in our political system to make it far more democratic???, haven't I repeatedly advocated and campaigned for an abolition of the monarchy???, to be replaced by a directly elected President???, who, from time to time must gain the support of the people who originally voted him/her into office???
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 12:41 PM

I was quite surprised about William Hague though, was that on the cards? Shame about Gove, I thought he was trying to address many issues that abound in our education system.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-07-2014, 01:09 PM

Julie my eyes were open (politically) many decades ago. I hold no mandate in support of Miliband, who I regard as a junior Bliar. Have I not repeatedly argued and advocated a change in our political system to make it far more democratic???, haven't I repeatedly advocated and campaigned for an abolition of the monarchy???, to be replaced by a directly elected President???, who, from time to time must gain the support of the people who originally voted him/her into office???
Yes but as you admitted a while ago only people you approve of can stand for that presidency which is not my idea of democracy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top