Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:08 PM

Racism..does it only apply to black people?

Strangely enough..I encountered racial abuse whilst going to a garage for petrol..

Black man..too far back..I asked him politely if he could move his car a bit forward..

Well..the racial abuse was breathtaking...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Re: Racism..does it only apply to black people?

You can get abuse from any male - female, any colour - any nationality ....
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:31 PM

No Patsy..this was racial abuse..directed at me..

By a black male...

Because I am white..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
No Patsy..this was racial abuse..directed at me..

By a black male...

Because I am white..
Yes I know, they will react the same as whites do ......
lilac
West yorks uk

13-07-2014, 05:40 PM

They stop in the middle of the street here..talking to someone who has come in the opposite direction..holding the traffic up...I blew my horn..one of them got out and took out his finger and made a facsimile of shooting me..

Who the hell do these people think they are??

I have a gun..let's f*cking go..
lilac
West yorks uk

13-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes I know, they will react the same as whites do ......
So..according to you..only white people are racist??
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:53 PM

Any race can be racist, black or white makes no difference. Big difference in this country is you won't find institutionalised racism against white people, which is why laws are aimed mostly at white people. But they should and indeed do apply to black as well. What you encountered sounds like gang culture rather than racism. I have encountered racism myself from back and white, to my mind it is equally bad and should be stamped on.
lilac
West yorks uk

13-07-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Any race can be racist, black or white makes no difference. Big difference in this country is you won't find institutionalised racism against white people, which is why laws are aimed mostly at white people. But they should and indeed do apply to black as well. What you encountered sounds like gang culture rather than racism. I have encountered racism myself from back and white, to my mind it is equally bad and should be stamped on.
The laughable thing is..who do I report Black/white racism to..

There doesn't seem to be anyone..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2014, 06:09 PM

So..according to you..only white people are racist??
No - and what you experienced there is what it is like now on the streets, and like I said whites and blacks can be racist, I've seen it, I've heard it ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:18 PM

The laughable thing is..who do I report Black/white racism to..

There doesn't seem to be anyone..
Same people black people report it to. This link might help you http://www.report-it.org.uk/racist_o...us_hate_crime1 personally I didn't feel the need to report it I made my feelings known to the person in each case and told them how disappointed I was with them, how they had hurt my boys and how wrong they were. Never happened again in either case so hopefully they learned a lesson.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top