Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:06 PM

Careful while driving in this heat

It's not just us that get heat stroke!

I was driving on the dual-carriageway around lunchtime, and a pigeon was flying ahead of me a couple hundred yards in front ...but then decides to do a u-turn and heads straight for my wind-screen

I could not prevent a collision, and I think the pigeon died (feathers everywhere)

Just very lucky the windscreen did not smash as I was doing about 70!

Be careful folks.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:51 PM

Re: Careful while driving in this heat

Thanks for caring AZZ and will take heed of what you say
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Azz very nearly had himself a pigeon pie there for a moment.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Azz that reminded me of a few years ago we were on holiday in Wales. Driving in the dark, a bird flew into my windscreen and was stuck there. I stopped the car, picked the bird off and put it over a wall that was at the side of us. The wall? It was a cemetery behind it!! How's that for an appropriate place to deposit a poor wee dead bird. Poor wee soul.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Pigeon Azz? HAH!

Coming home this afternoon I looked up and thought "Ooooh, beautiful!" as I saw a Buzzard circling just ahead over the A5D - until the stupid thing went into a stoop and is now heading straight for my windscreen - and ME!!
I just closed my eyes - couldn't do much else with a looney in a Sprinter overtaking me!!

Of course, I couldn't keep my eyes closed long and as I opened them I got a full frontal view of this rather angry-looking Buzzard as it swooped over my car!

Whoah!!!

Don't half wake you up in a hurry!!! stevmk2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:06 PM

You were lucky Azz, I don't drive but the way things are going on the roads these days one could end up a nervous wreak, you'd want eyes in the back of your head.
Kamikaze pigeons? what next.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:16 PM

While I was at college many years ago, in the grounds of the college were some pheasants, one flew up and came through the upper windscreen of a double decker bus - I took it back to the college and had the chefs cook it for me - it was delicious!!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 09:43 AM

here in OZ we have buffalos and kangaroos 'fly' into a car windscreens - ya just get used to it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

11-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
here in OZ we have buffalos and kangaroos 'fly' into a car windscreens - ya just get used to it!

Whey hey !!! - decent road kill - Buffalo steaks and Kangaroo casserole.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top