Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 11:58 PM

Transvestites in Jail

I saw this in todays paper and wondered what your thoughts are on this:

"Transvestite and transgender inmates at a men's jail must be addressed as "Miss" under a new ruling by prison bosses.
Guards at the jail, which only houses sex offenders, are outraged and are refusing to carry out the order.
It applies to eight cross-dressing inmates and one waiting for sex change. They are allowed to buy women's knickers, skirts, nighties, tights and make-up to wear around the jail.
A source at Albany Prison on the Isle of Wight said "It's political correctness gone mad. Officers are furious. As far as they're concerned they are male criminals and should not be treated any differently. Staff are refusing to carry out the order".
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

23-06-2014, 01:41 AM

Re: Transvestites in Jail

Well don't know much about it but would have thought that they would like to keep a low profile in jail and look as less like a woman as possible.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 05:29 AM

Ridiculous !!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 05:33 AM

They should be given the operation, and then transferred to a womens jail, I don't think they would like that.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 06:29 AM

Actually I think the transgender prisoners would like that very much. They consider themselves females in transition, after all. The transvestite ones just like to wear women's clothes, and don't think of themselves as female. As for having to call them Miss - as criminals I think they've surrendered their rights to political correctness IMO.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:10 AM

Whilst they have a penis they are male so should be treated no different to other inmates.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 08:52 AM

The transgender prisoners should really be in a women's prison, even if they are pre op they will likely to have been taking hormones making them far more female than male. The transvestites shouldn't need any special treatment as they can dress and act as male just as easily, so calling them miss is madness.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 10:22 AM

I knew the world was going mad but good grief. I'm not surprised they are refusing to call them miss.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 10:28 AM

Perhaps they could just stop being criminals and stay out of gaol! Or is that too radical for them?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The transgender prisoners should really be in a women's prison, even if they are pre op they will likely to have been taking hormones making them far more female than male. The transvestites shouldn't need any special treatment as they can dress and act as male just as easily, so calling them miss is madness.

2 points there Julie. One is are they still attracted to women? If so, they might enjoy themselves too much in a womens jail! I also doubt the women prisoners would want them in their loo's/showers etc with them.
The second point, where you said about them dressing & acting as males easily, well that is why they couldn't go into a womens jail surely?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top