Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 08:57 AM

The Dustbin

Is the humble Dustbin a rich source of information?. As a result of the Recycle Revolution, it has been made simple to analyse someone's lifestyle by sifting through the neatly sorted contents in the various designated receptacles. your dietary regime packaging will be in the general bin, reading material, drug/tablet packaging in the cardboard section, alcohol consumption, in the cans/bottle section. To think the summary of your lifestyle, contained for the world in three Wheely Bins.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 08:59 AM

Re: The Dustbin

Not for me Spittie - shared amongst 30 others - the bin is huge !
One for paper etc - one for bottles etc - one for general trash - one for food
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:01 AM

Nor me, I put some of my stuff in the neighbours bins.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Not for me Spittie - shared amongst 30 others - the bin is huge !
One for paper etc - one for bottles etc - one for general trash - one for food
Yep we have paladins huge receptacles that take 44 flats rubbish and huge wheelie bins that take the recycling then normal sized wheelies for the food waste. No way anyone could tell anything about individuals.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:15 AM

Especially if you shred the bits !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2014, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nor me, I put some of my stuff in the neighbours bins.
My ol gal does that, little minx
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:29 AM

We let neighbours put refuse in our bin as council rules state the bin won't be emptied if the lid is not closed.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:29 AM

Even with the Recycling we get here we have to be on the look-out all the time.

A few years ago I'd got a load of rubbish ready to take to the dump / Recycle Centre but when I went out to get it all in the car most of it had gone!

I didn't think much of it at first - bit odd but no sign of it anywhere but a week later we got a letter from the Council saying they'd found our rubbish in the next street and were going to 'do' us for fly-tipping!

Luckily it was still mostly in the bags I'd put it in and sorted ready - wood, paper and so on so I told them that and they said OK but I'd have to pick it up and dispose of it properly.

Strange thing was though, I had to go to the Council Depot which was only 200 yards from the Recycling Centre but if I hadn't gone there they would have gone ahead with the fine etcetera apparently.

It was a valuable lesson as we got a shredder because of that incident - they'd pieced together our name and address from one old envelope that had been meticulously torn into tiny pieces!

These days most of our rubbish goes in the recycling bins or bags and we've got hardly any thing left after that so it's one a month maybe for non-recyclable stuff. stevmk2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 10:45 AM

We have:-

1 x Black wheelie bin - general household waste that cannot be recycled. Collected fortnightly.

1 x Green box with attached 'cargo net' - for tins and plastic.
1 x Black box with lid - for paper/cardboard.
1 x Black box with lid - for glass.
These are collected fortnightly alternating weeks with the general waste.

1 x Green wheelie bin - for garden waste only - collected fortnightly from 1st week in March to last week in November.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-05-2014, 12:05 PM

ST, I'd need summat bigger than a Green Box for my tins.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top