Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 09:56 AM

Do you keep a well stocked 'medicine cabinet'?

In other words, do you have enough pharmaceutical stuff indoors to cover every eventuality?

I try to stock most stuff; plasters, pain killers, cough medicines, indigestion relief, constipation relief, and tablets for the opposite!

After being awake awhile I suddenly had to dash to toilet. Dreadful case of the squits. I blame that bargain £2 chicken I got yesterday. (Which is going in the bin: not taking any chances.)

Thank goodness I had something indoors to take immediately. See, I knew I'd have a use for it one day!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Re: Do you keep a well stocked 'medicine cabinet'?

Apart from prescribed meds I don't take anything else, too much chance of things not being compatible with what I already take or overdosing if I take paracetamol or something.

We do have plasters for accidents.

Colds tend to go in 5-7 days with or without medications and digestive problems I find better treated with natural remedies.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:19 AM

We used to keep a well stocked medicine cabinet, but now because we are both on prescribed meds we have to be careful about what else we take unless the doctor says it is ok.

We found out when I went to boots to pick up an over the counter cold remedy for my husband and they asked what other meds he was taking I could not remember but as we got them from boots they could look on screen and the pharmacist said he could not have the cold remedy because of something that was in it would react with his other meds.

Keep paracetamol in the cupboard but not much else.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:21 AM

I do have a first aid box with plasters and bandages, other than that we only have our prescribed pills.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:22 AM

Always.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:36 AM

Because of (prescribed) Warfarin, there isn't much other medicines I can have. This is further complicated by the fact I am now Type II diabetic, so cough syrups are also a no, no. I do have a box of plasters in the event I manage to cut myself - which very rarely happens luckily.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Uncle Joe, hubby is also on Warfarin so he has to be very careful what he takes - aspirin is definitely out. I do keep all the things Jazzi keeps though.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Uncle Joe my husband has the same problem he is on Warfarin and is type II diabetic.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:42 AM

I have a plastic box (probably 500mm by 300mm by 150mm) on top of a cupboard in the kitchen with Band Aids, a few triangular bandages, Aspirin, Paracetamol, Laxatives, measuring syringe, Cotton Balls, Quik Eze, a Thermometer (in 'F?? so its a bit old), an eye dropper, Teething Gel (god knows how old that is), Deep Heat, Vapour rub, vaseline & even some water based lubricant. I throw any free samples of denture cleaner, tooth paste and the like in there too.

The problem with it is that it rarely gets used these days so when I go to get a Band Aid it is so old it won't stick to anything. Its a bit of a left over from when the kids were teenagers when it was used a lot. I try to change things that look too old occasionally but I really should go through it regularly. I had to look to see what was in it for this message

My prescription medicines - mostly strong painkillers - are in the drawer by my bed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Blimey, I forgot about my tubes of different creams.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top