Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 04:46 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Looking over Funchal in Madeira.
Miserable weather yesterday but I did manage to pick 3lb of blackberries before it started to rain.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 05:03 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Lovely view Alan

Good morning all. Very wet, windy and wild out there.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 08:15 AM

Good morning folks.

The weather is definitely chilling down now, I had to turn the radiator in the bedroom up to maximum last night and this morning I've done the same with the bathroom and living room radiators. Bloody freezing!

I've also lit the coal fire so once that gets going hopefully the house will warm up somewhat.

The vet is due to telephone today sometime to tell us when we can pick up the cat. Depending on who is closer, either the wife or I will pick her up. The tests all came back clear, so it seems she's just getting slower as she gets old. I thought that, but wanted to check in case it was an underlying problem.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Good morning one and all.

Lovely and sunny here but a bit on the nippy side!

Eldest granddaughter due in and we're off to have lunch at Tynwald Mills as a treat for her as she successfully sold my treadmill for me
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:23 AM

Good Morning all, we've just had a really heavy downpour of rain. Glad I wasn't out in it.
Been to Madeira a couple of times, so nice reminder
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:28 AM

Good morning everyone, very blustery here with squally showers going through.

After scarifying the lawn on Saturday I'm now awaiting a mechanical lawn aerator being delivered so that we can give the lawn a good old prodding before we top dress it on Wednesday. I started doing it with the fork like I used to, but at nearly 400 sq.yds. it is a big job and I thought £38 to hire in a machine was well worth the money.

Have a great day folks,

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Good morning.
Sunny, blue skies and nippy here .. hubby has a fire going Waiting for shopping and that's it for the day.
Hope you have a lovely lunch Karen.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:34 AM

Many thanks Janela - she's such a special girl (suppose I should say young woman as she'll be 19 in October!) and she works so hard, it's nice to treat her to 'naughties' at the cafe
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 09:47 AM

Good morning
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Good morning everyone, very blustery here with squally showers going through.

After scarifying the lawn on Saturday I'm now awaiting a mechanical lawn aerator being delivered so that we can give the lawn a good old prodding before we top dress it on Wednesday. I started doing it with the fork like I used to, but at nearly 400 sq.yds. it is a big job and I thought £38 to hire in a machine was well worth the money.

Have a great day folks,

Barry
Join the club Barry, I've started to look for ways of dodging hard work and that includes paying someone to do things for me, jobs that I would have done myself in the past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top