Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 03:41 PM

The joys of dog ownership

I took Chloe down the fields for her usual walk this afternoon and she managed to find some very runny fox poo to roll in and was covered from head to foot.
I turned for home and reached the kissing gate to find it surrounded by cattle and knee deep in runny cow poo, I didn't want to touch/lift Chloe over it up because of the fox poo so she had to walk through the cow poo.

Back in home I put Chloe in the garage and covered her with tomato sauce to get rid of the poo smell then went to get buckets of hot water from the kitchen to fill the baby bath . I returned to the garage and Chloe shook herself and covered me in poo scented tomato sauce .

We have both had an unscheduled bath this afternoon and I hope smell sweetly once more..
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 03:45 PM

Re: The joys of dog ownership

Oh Meg, been there, done it, and bought the tee shirt, . . phew.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Oh Meg, been there, done it, and bought the tee shirt, . . phew.
...I hope you didn't get the tee shirt covered in 'it' too Nero
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I took Chloe down the fields for her usual walk this afternoon and she managed to find some very runny fox poo to roll in and was covered from head to foot.
I turned for home and reached the kissing gate to find it surrounded by cattle and knee deep in runny cow poo, I didn't want to touch/lift Chloe over it up because of the fox poo so she had to walk through the cow poo.

Back in home I put Chloe in the garage and covered her with tomato sauce to get rid of the poo smell then went to get buckets of hot water from the kitchen to fill the baby bath . I returned to the garage and Chloe shook herself and covered me in poo scented tomato sauce .

We have both had an unscheduled bath this afternoon and I hope smell sweetly once more..
Sorry Mef, but as you say, "The joys of owning a dog"!!!I have been there too...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 06:03 PM

Thank goodness I only have a cat!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Yuk......I'm very lucky in that Hatti isn't a 'roller' My previous labs. have all rolled in it and it takes forever to get rid of the smell especially in the car
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Lucky for me only one is.....Gypsy, she has had so many baths this year!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2009, 10:49 PM

You both were definitely OFF there for a while. How I love my cat!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2009, 03:13 AM

Lol Meg - know how you feel! Rocky is forever rolling in muck... and then he comes charging into you!
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Oh I shouldn't laugh. Dale hasn't rolled for ages. I'll bet he finds something disgusting now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top