Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Me with the blood donors

Nero on the left and Caesar boy on the right, this was taken 3 years ago when they became the first Rotties to donate blood to PBB in Scotland, I was so proud of em, over the last 3 years they've donated 1 gallon and a half of their precious bodily fluids.

They were great during the procedure too, the vet was very impressed with them, so impressed they phoned a national newspaper and gave them the story, the phone rang off the wall all the next day and we finished up in all the papers nationally.

As one reporter said, "It's such a difference printing a GOOD story about this breed".
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Re: Me with the blood donors

Congratulations to Nero and Caesar, indeed you have every right to be proud of your boys!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 05:45 PM

Well done all of you! And great shot

I've never thought about dogs giving blood - maybe I'll try and get Rocky to give it a go one day
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 06:59 PM

Good for your boys, they will help so many other dogs in need of blood...
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 08:34 PM

Great pic of them (and you too of course), great that they do that. With all the advances in animal medicine there is much more need for pets to donate blood.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Well done all My girl Hatti gave blood last year for a labrador who was brought into the vets as an emergency.......sadly the lab. didn't survive but I was still proud of my girl
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:43 AM

That's a lovely pic and well done your lads for being donors - it takes the pressure off the vets' dogs!

One of the Catsey members has 2 rescued greyhounds who are donors and there was a little piece about them on a kiddies TV prog a couple of months ago - they actually donate to bags and their blood is stored centrally - just like the Blood Transfusion service. You need to live in a fairly narrow area to join that scheme, I think.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:36 AM

Lovely pic of you all, you must be so proud to of them to be able to help other doggies in need.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 03:42 PM

You must be proud of all your Rotties Nero, you can tell they are very much loved and have a wonderful home.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
You must be proud of all your Rotties Nero, you can tell they are very much loved and have a wonderful home.
I love em all to bits Alicat, had dogs all my life but Nero is unique, he's my soul-mate, if I aint around he frets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top