Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 03:37 AM

Delia's Omelette

Todays experiment

Not sure if I liked it - it was nice, just a tiny bit plain.
  • Thinly sliced potatoes and onions - low heat fry covered for 20 minutes
  • Salt/pepper
  • Then add eggs and low heat uncovered for 19 mins, then 1 min on reverse.

I think adding chives to it would have made it a lot nicer
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 03:50 AM

Re: Delia's Omelette

Looks nice; you're having fun with this, aren't you? I agree, a little chopped chives and some fines herbs would make it a tad tastier. That's what I meant earlier when I said about adapting a recipe more to your own personal tastes.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 07:14 AM

Eggcellent!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 10:03 AM

Sounds like a tortilla Espagnole
Maybe the potatoes/onions could have been browned a little more to add more flavour; or a tad of garlic, or herbs, as you suggest

You've obviously got a cook's brain lurking there Azz, if you can do a recipe and then say 'But next time ......'

Edit: 'Delia Through The Decades' 8.30 tonight BBC2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 02:42 PM

Well done Azz, looks like you've mastered the omelette and just need to get the suitable filling for your taste.

I know you don't allow yourself a few of the following but here's a selection of fillings you could use to "taste it up a bit" ........

Ham, bacon, cheese, mushroom, peppers, pepperoni, black olives, diced tomatoes, chopped sausage, cooked chicken pieces, cubes of corned beef, onion, spinach, various herbs (thyme, parsley, chives, tarragon, chervil), ground black pepper...

Good luck!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Looks appetising, Azz
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Thanks guys!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top