Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 03:02 PM

Cardiff Christmas Lights

One of the many trees in the Mall...

Cardiff Castle....

The Big Wheel....

The Millenium Stadium peeping over the roof tops....

Street decorations.....

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Re: Cardiff Christmas Lights

Lovely Mags! Thanks
Love the castle
One of these days we'll get to a rugby match in Cardiff. It sounds great, with the stadium practically in the city centre
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 04:23 PM

I hope you get there one day DM, Cardiff is a beautiful place and as you say, the stadium is just a step away from centre with the train and bus stations close by.

I much prefer it for shopping to my own town!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Great shots Mags - I especially like the two street decoration ones

The lights look nice, I need to get down to see them sometime!

What do you think of the new shopping centre? Did you go in the Apple store? It's HUGE!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

04-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Great shots Mags - I especially like the two street decoration ones

The lights look nice, I need to get down to see them sometime!

What do you think of the new shopping centre? Did you go in the Apple store? It's HUGE!
You must definitely try to fit in a visit Azz....... and take your camera!

The new shopping centre is great with something for everyone there. We did go in the Apple store and wow! you could spend a fortune in there and I'm sure you would be very tempted by something
The small Mac keyboards looked interesting too.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Ah Cardiff - Home of my ancesters (Well parents, grand parents, & great grand parents) still have a few relatives there, thanks for posting those pics Mags.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 11:28 PM

Great pics Mags-the colour is stunning They put the ones where I am to shame. The Council promised us this year the christmas lights would look like Blackpool Illuminations......ah well, another broken promise-the lights are rubbish
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

04-12-2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Great pics Mags-the colour is stunning They put the ones where I am to shame. The Council promised us this year the christmas lights would look like Blackpool Illuminations......ah well, another broken promise-the lights are rubbish
Thanks merz They also put my hometown ones to shame too....... we were promised a bigger and better display and thought they were an improvement on the previous year ......... until we saw these

There again, I suppose as Cardiff is a capital town their local council makes a bigger effort!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Lovely pictures. Cardiff looks a brilliant place, no wonder my sister in law always goes there shopping just before Christmas, she also visits a friend who lives out there.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Aw really lovely photos. Cardiff is certainly very Christmassy looking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top