Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 04:47 PM

River House Revisited

I braved 37 degree F temperatures yesterday to take a ride back to the river house I discovered in mid-October. It would be the first visit there with a clear blue sky. Most of the Autumn leaves have fallen so it was an entirely different view than my last visit in the fog. I was frozen like a popsicle when I parked the bike and grabbed my camera. I was so cold I decided the physical pain of my arthritis would not allow me to set up my tripod so I hand held the camera. It turned out a tad soft but still proved to be a "keeper".

Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Re: River House Revisited

It's stunning scenery bobmeikle, where abouts is River House again? Does anyone live in the house? It's very picturesque. Thanks for showing it to us, sorry to hear about your arthiritis, I think the cold weather can make it worse.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
It's stunning scenery bobmeikle, where abouts is River House again? Does anyone live in the house? It's very picturesque. Thanks for showing it to us, sorry to hear about your arthiritis, I think the cold weather can make it worse.
That River House is along Highway 4 near Longview, Washington. It sits on the Columbia River heading toward the Pacific Ocean.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
That River House is along Highway 4 near Longview, Washington. It sits on the Columbia River heading toward the Pacific Ocean.
Thanks bobmielke, it looks a very interesting place.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 07:04 PM

I really love that place Bob, I hope you continue to visit it and and show us your great photos
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 08:01 PM

We all know that views change with the seasons/weather etc but it's really good to have it illustrated like this Bob - thanks!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Stunning photo yet again Bob it's lovely to see it through the seasons will you make it there in the snow ????
Sue
bobmielke
Portland, OR

04-12-2009, 12:12 AM

I have a number of places I plan or visiting in snowy or icy weather. River House is one and Multnomah Falls the second. I've seen icecicles hanging from the falls and it's stunning.

Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 12:26 AM

Fab pics - love waterfalls but that is amazing. Have you ever been up on the wee bridge?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2009, 12:34 AM

The waterfall photo is fantastic Bob!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top