Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:26 PM

It's Mouse Season!

They come in in the Autumn when it gets cold. Leia has been on mouse alert for a few days, and got the first one last night; about six feet from where I was sitting. managed to get this pic by sheer luck!

WARNING. this is a rather graphic pic. so if you're tenderhearted about mice, please don't look!

buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Re: It's Mouse Season!

Ohhhhh was that her gift to you?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:29 PM

She got it!

Eileen, can you get the plug in rodent repellants over there?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:36 PM

What, and ruin Leia's fun!??? Seriously, I believe we can get them, but never bothered. The mouse was dead when she was playing with it; I would have tried to take it away if it hadn't been.

Buzzie, she never gives them to me, but always runs to show me what she's caught. For an indoor cat she's a great mouser!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
They come in in the Autumn when it gets cold. Leia has been on mouse alert for a few days, and got the first one last night;
Hey, can I borrow Leia for a few days we have terrible problems with mice in the barn and even in our cellar and our two dogs are useless at catching them

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Eileen, can you get the plug in rodent repellants over there?
I've got one, I can't say I'm all that impressed, allegedly they work best if installed before the mice arrive, I put one in the store room, so far no mice but it's hard to know if that's because they have been dissuaded from entering or because they haven't worked their way up to the store room just yet
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Losos, I don't think she could come: I know you have a quarantine for dogs, not sure about cats. She's probably love clearing out the cellar!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 10:24 PM

Just couldn't look at your pic Dandysmom-just don't like any critters that move fast - sounds like she's in for a good time
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-11-2009, 10:45 PM

They come in every Autumn and she clears them out rapidly. Great fun for an indoor cat. Hope I don't sound too callous or hardhearted, but I don't like mice in the house.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Good capture DM
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

14-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Thanks, Azz ... sheer luck! Shot a half dozen, couldn't believe I'd gotten that one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top