Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Rupert & Pixie

Well I havent introduced you all to my ferrets! Rupert ive had since earlier this year and last night I picked Pixie up.
They, like me are lodging with friends who have 2 jills Britney & Lily who are in fact Pixies sisters.
Pixie will be used for rabbiting and both her and Rupert are from working lines..

Rupert, Britney, Lily

Pixie
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Re: Rupert & Pixie

I am not a real fan of ferrets and don't know why since they are so much fun but I must say the one you are holding is the cutest I have every seen.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 02:56 PM

I think they are lovely Cassie

I didn't know a thing about ferrets until a member on Catsey posted pics and stories about hers, from then on I've thought how cute and adorable they are.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Lovely pets Cassie, . . . I went ferreting years ago with a friend of mine, . . he put nets at the entrances of the rabbit burrows then slipped his ferret in, . . . the rabbits came out in no time and the nets caught them.

Not a shot was fired I might add.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Lovely pets Cassie, . . . I went ferreting years ago with a friend of mine, . . he put nets at the entrances of the rabbit burrows then slipped his ferret in, . . . the rabbits came out in no time and the nets caught them.

Not a shot was fired I might add.
I dont net very often mine flush the rabbits out the warrens for the hawks to do what they do naturally. I work them on farms where its a pest control issue. I also only take what either myself or my ferrets and hawks eat.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I dont net very often mine flush the rabbits out the warrens for the hawks to do what they do naturally. I work them on farms where its a pest control issue. I also only take what either myself or my ferrets and hawks eat.
Re: Pest control Cassie, . . . . . . any chance of slipping them into the house of commons.
Cassie
West Wales

12-11-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Re: Pest control Cassie, . . . . . . any chance of slipping them into the house of commons.
Lol yessss flush out the vermin!!!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 04:26 PM

Cassie are they hard to house train, I suppose it would be to litter?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm like Mags - a recent convert!
An uncle had outdoor living working ferrets when I was little and they were stinky bitey creatures.
The modern pet ones are just wonderful - like perpetual kittens!
Cassie
West Wales

12-11-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Cassie are they hard to house train, I suppose it would be to litter?
These are working animals.. they dont come indoors. They also come from working lines so any pet traits are not there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top