Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 03:13 PM

Birthday piccies

Nero and Caesars birthday party.

I got them a cudley toy, . . it did'nt stay white for long.

Greedy pig Nero at the table first.

Caesar boy moves in.

And so does Smeagsey.

Meanwhile poor Mea is in the background.

While the rest are making pigs of themselves.

Well that did'nt last long, Caesar licking his chops but poor Mea at the back looks bewildered.

I saved a bit for Mea, she got it later, . . bet they're all little farters tonight like crabs.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 03:25 PM

Re: Birthday piccies

What fun, I think Mea just wanted to keep her girlish figure
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
What fun, I think Mea just wanted to keep her girlish figure
Looking at Smeagsey in the last pic, . . . she's still got a gob-full.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Did you ever breed them or are they too closely related?
nero
Central Scotland

05-11-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Did you ever breed them or are they too closely related?
Nero and Caesar are brothers, Mea is their mum, (I got her from the breeder who bred the boys), Smeagsey is unrelated.

I have a KC affix but due to the ban on docking tails I cancelled my plans to breed the dogs.

Such a shame coz they're real ambassadors for the Rottie breed.
I'm not the only one who feels like this either, the UK has lost many top breeders along with good gene pools due to this stupid and unnecessary act.
If I was younger I'd move to America and open a breeding kennels there, in fact I know one or two who have done this.

Sod the KC, . . and sod the politicians, . . and the other do-gooders who've never owned a dog but saw fit to pass an act that the vast majority of traditionally docked dog owners fought to prevent.

I was happy when I got up today too. . . 'snot your fault Joan, I get so angry about this subject.

The vice president of the Scottish Kennel Club (who I was very friendly with, vowed he'd never breed another litter if the act went through), . . I've since found out he's breeding again, . . that's up to him but goes to show how 2 faced people can be.

Sod em all.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Looks like they enjoyed their cake mmmmm. I'm not letting my lot see this, its their birthday soon!

Sorry you have had to give up your plans to breed because of the ban, its a shame for the breed when they lose good dogs.
nero
Central Scotland

05-11-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Sorry you have had to give up your plans to breed because of the ban, its a shame for the breed when they lose good dogs.
It is a shame MM, there are a few of us who stuck by our decision, one person I know who is also a Scottish Kennel Club official has quit breeding too, that kennel name was very famous.

Those of us who tried to at least get the act amended submitted 500,000 names on a petition to the Scottish parliament, . . to no avail, . . my local MP voted for the ban, . . he's never owned a dog in his life.
Scotland has a blanket ban, . . no exceptions, . . we're not even allowed to have their dew claws removed England has a partial ban.
Their argument was that docking was cruel, . . that's a load of rubbish, . . I've stood and watched a litter of 11 pups being docked, and their dew claws removed with hardly a trace of blood, . . all of them done in less than 15 minutes, . . by a vet I hasten to add.

The guy I mentioned earlier has exported dogs all over the world and is very famous, . . Alex Salmond (our first minister) was looking to have the act amended but his hands are tied because of the EC, . . yet another good reason why we should pull out.

It all started in Norway but we adopted their stupid legislation because we're in the EC.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Lol bless them!
buzzie
USA

05-11-2009, 07:44 PM

I agree that tail docking in pups is pretty harmless but the ears in older pups probably is really painful.

Sorry I brought this up and ruined your day, this might help. LOL

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Great pics Nero-looks like they enjoyed their birthday cake-they are super looking dogs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top