Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

A Call from ....where?

...you know what they say about 'the well laid plans of mice and men ' I was all set to do so much this morning when I got a text from my DIL , babies up all night/ piles of washing/the dogs been sick/husband away /can you come for a bit

I had to smile , it made me think about that old record of the phone call between the 'Momma' and the woman/DIL , I don't know if anyone else remembers it

mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Re: A Call from ....where?

Love it.......................especially the last line.........
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Was that the one from the American woman, sounds jewish by the accent, very funny .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Yes I remember that well Meg, I enjoyed hearing it again. Does anyone remember Danny Kaye's "Mommy give us a drink of water, I'm thirsty" that wasn't the name of it but that's what it was about, and an aeroplane flying all around the room.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Yes, I do remember that! So funny, a typical Jewish joke.
Hope all turns out well for your dil - what would she do without you Meg?
Jimmy, I remember the Danny Kaye one too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Yes I remember that well Meg, I enjoyed hearing it again. Does anyone remember Danny Kaye's "Mommy give us a drink of water, I'm thirsty" that wasn't the name of it but that's what it was about, and an aeroplane flying all around the room.
..yes Jem I remember that it used to really annoy me
Originally Posted by Janela ->
Yes, I do remember that! So funny, a typical Jewish joke.
Hope all turns out well for your dil - what would she do without you Meg?
DIL was fine thank you Janela with three little ones under three some days can be a bit hectic
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Going off topic a bit (Jimmy's fault ), does anyone remember 'Childrens Favourites' on the radio on Saturday mornings? Was eagerly looked forward to by me, apart from my grandmother (who was bedridden) I had the house to myself and would turn up the volume tee he.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Going off topic a bit (Jimmy's fault ), does anyone remember 'Childrens Favourites' on the radio on Saturday mornings? Was eagerly looked forward to by me, apart from my grandmother (who was bedridden) I had the house to myself and would turn up the volume tee he.
..yes with Uncle Mac who by all accounts hated children and as a grumpy old man
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 07:23 PM

Good one Meg, not heard that one before...
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:41 PM

That was funny. I'd never heard it before either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top