Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:24 AM

Hello then goodbye

Was all excited last Monday going on the train to see my sister and daughters. We laughed so much it was fun. They came back home with me for the weekend , again laughs giggles and fun. They have now left for home , I've washed and tidied up stripped beds and am back to my life again. I'm glad to have my space but feel a little lost and lonely , yet I know I could never live with them or have them for longer .

It great to say hello and great to say goodbye even though I'm feeling empty and quiet. My sister has her daughters living up the road and they visit daily , I envy that support she has and am pleased for her .

Ah well , think I'll cook a nice lunch , pour a glass of wine then watch the TV.

Welcome home me x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:27 AM

Re: Hello then goodbye

Sounds like you had a great time Susan. Yes, its all quiet when people go, but I value my own space these days. Enjoy your glass of wine
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:38 AM

I find myself agreeing with you Susan. On the occasions that I see my Daughters and Grandkids. (which is as rare as feathered dogs these days) I always feel a little as you describe here that you feel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Was all excited last Monday going on the train to see my sister and daughters. We laughed so much it was fun. They came back home with me for the weekend , again laughs giggles and fun. They have now left for home , I've washed and tidied up stripped beds and am back to my life again. I'm glad to have my space but feel a little lost and lonely , yet I know I could never live with them or have them for longer .

It great to say hello and great to say goodbye even though I'm feeling empty and quiet. My sister has her daughters living up the road and they visit daily , I envy that support she has and am pleased for her .

Ah well , think I'll cook a nice lunch , pour a glass of wine then watch the TV.

Welcome home me x
Susan I used to get that feeling when I went to stay 'at home' or had family to visit and I would wander from room to room when they had gone feeling something was missing.

The worst feeling was when my son came home from Uni for the long holidays then returned again and my having to get used to being alone all over again .

I think the longer you are alone the more you get used to it .
Now I have got so set in my ways I really don't like having anyone to stay . Maybe this is lifes 'protection mechanism' agains the pain of being alone.

Enjoy your lunch
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Glad you had a good time Susan even though it seems quiet and a bit lonely now.

My daughter her hubby and our 2 grandaughters live a few doors down from me and I do the school run and feed them when my daughter works 3 days aweek, I love them to bits but always love my peace and quiet when they go home 5.30
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:16 PM

Susan you had fun this last week now it's time to get some me time in ... So relax and put your feet up and have a drink
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 08:37 PM

Thanks lovely people for your replies. Am settled into me again. Enjoying the quiet and gentle time again. It's exhausting being with people 24 hours a day isn't it . Back onto my healthy eating plan gotta get these few extra llbs off .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top