Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Re: Another scandal

Originally Posted by Old git ->
PC can be a state of mind-often used by idiots?

I came from an academic background into the civil service.

I wrote a paper about reasons why ethnic minority kids did not take up the various programmes then on offer.

I had it checked by the `leaders` of ethnic communities and they all said it was spot on-I was well used to peer review and would never send out something without it.

But I was hauled over the coals by my (stupid,incompetent boss) because my summary included a quote from a chap who said "There just aren`t enough of us coloured guys"

Coloured??!!! -The term is black and you should have said that.

I just replied-I don`t miss quote-that`s not the way I do things
Didn't want to leave my post with the wrong impression.
Being a quote, you certainly were correct.

That said he may have wanted you to quote someone with the correct way for the country of origin but should have said that and I assume he didn't.

We spell the word colored but went along with yours. These are all cultural differences, as I see it. and to be excused if you are in a different country than your own. That is all I was trying to point out.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 05:20 PM

No-nothing to do with culture-She was an idiot,promoted well beyond her ability----by a male who got kudos from being seen to promote females into higher posts.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 09:01 AM

Today's news about Law - the "high heid yins" want him back!! I say jail him! He defrauded the tax payer and should pay for it. So much for all their bleatings about the Labour twits that did wrong over the past couple of years - pot calling the kettle black!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 11:17 AM

A journalist from the Daily Mail on News24 said today he deserves prosecuting . . according to him it was out and out fraud . . as you say Rose the new government are a bunch of two faced doubled standard gits . . when it's one of their golden boys they want to forgive and forget . . how on earth can Laws expect to carry on in public service ? . . I say this not because of his sexuality but because he's a fraudster.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Nero

One point...

Laws job was to save as much money as he could and we as a nation can on the whole see that we have to.

Trouble is his succeser is a Scot(forgot name) and Scotlands money is ring fenced for a year.

So we have a Jock(no racist slur intended) making us English suffer for the good of all of Britian while the Scots dont have to suffer/contribute to help save us.

Bring back Laws at least he English(slur intended)
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Nero

One point...

Laws job was to save as much money as he could and we as a nation can on the whole see that we have to.

Trouble is his succeser is a Scot(forgot name) and Scotlands money is ring fenced for a year.

So we have a Jock(no racist slur intended) making us English suffer for the good of all of Britian while the Scots dont have to suffer/contribute to help save us.

Bring back Laws at least he English(slur intended)
On the other hand . . . Scotland is being ruled by two parties we never voted for . . only one Tory MP got in up here . . it works both ways mate . . if Westminster would give us our own tax raising powers we wouldn't have to go cap in hand to London.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
On the other hand . . . Scotland is being ruled by two parties we never voted for . . only one Tory MP got in up here . . it works both ways mate . . if Westminster would give us our own tax raising powers we wouldn't have to go cap in hand to London.

And 11 Liberals dont forget.

Just under 25% of the Liberal party.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top