Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Re: What would you do?

Best decision to make, OG. Still, as you rightly said, it was a good morale booster for your OH. I do wish her all the very best in her new job in the UK.

Take care and stay happy the both of you.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Losos-nil by mouth means exactly that-nothing.

She feeds from bags via a PEG.

We hope that in time and when she goes back to have her osephagus stretched she may be able to swallow again.

if you didn`t know she was very unlucky. Non smoking virtually tee total and she got tounge cancer which spread into her her neck.

Tounge removed and replaced with a bit from her leg-15 nights in hospital and when she had recovered a bit six weeks of radio therapy and a few doses of chemo
Makes me sad OG
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Don`t be sad-be happy.

Her speech may now be impaired but her brain is still there. She could have died but she is alive.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 08:46 PM

Best decision, glad she has work and will be able to stay; best wishes for the new job!!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Losos-nil by mouth means exactly that-nothing.

She feeds from bags via a PEG.

We hope that in time and when she goes back to have her osephagus stretched she may be able to swallow again.

if you didn`t know she was very unlucky. Non smoking virtually tee total and she got tounge cancer which spread into her her neck.

Tounge removed and replaced with a bit from her leg-15 nights in hospital and when she had recovered a bit six weeks of radio therapy and a few doses of chemo
I help people learn how to manage their PEG feeds to enable them to be independent - just one of the roles of my job. It will meet all your wife's nutritional needs but I cannot imagine how she must feel not being able to taste food. If you could have gone together, it could have been great. However, only you two can decide what is best for you.

Talking of unlucky, my mother - tee total, non-smoker, low fat diet, exercise within the limits of her rheumatoid arthritis has had a heart attack recently - cholesterol levels through the roof. On top of that, when having a chest x-ray before starting her anti-TNF injections she was told she has TB!!!!!! How did that happen?

Crap happens to the best people sometimes, and I admire the strength of character they have (as with my Mam and I suspect your wife too OG) and the courage with which they handle their lot in life.

Whatever you both have decided to do, I wish you well. It is always a humbling experience knowing someone coping with such difficulties in their lives.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:44 PM

PPH, so sorry to hear about your Mam. Life is not fair, sometimes ......
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
PPH, so sorry to hear about your Mam. Life is not fair, sometimes ......
Thanks Eileen. Life is not fair. I wish I had inherited her fortitude. She never, ever complains about anything and I love her so much. Don't want to hijack this thread because it is about OG and his wife.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 04:11 PM

Don't want to hijack this thread because it is about OG and his wife.

Is it eck as like!!

You post away. We can and do admire those who meet misfortune with strength-and we are there on the days when they just feel like crying and need a hug
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 04:43 PM

OG, you have a great attitude and that is just what she needs from you at a time like this. Be happy to be alive and enjoy the days you have. I'm glad you make this decision.

PPhammer, I am so sorry that someone you love so much is going through this but we never do know what our lot in life will be. She is handling it like a trooper just like my Mom did and it made it so much easier for all of us. I'm sure they both had their moments but we never saw it and I bet that will be her gift to you as it was to us.

God bless you both, take one day at a time and don't look to far ahead.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 05:26 PM

Reading what she's been thro recently, I think you made the best choice

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top