Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Monty and his dog Reuben are back

For those who enjoyed the delightful adventures of marine biologist Monty Hall and his rescue dog Reuben filmed on the west coast of Scotland, Monty is back tonight on BBC2 8pm.

This time Monty is spending a summer of the west coast of Ireland monitoring whales, porpoises, dolphins and sharks
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Re: Monty and his dog Reuben are back

Oh thank you Meg, I didn't know he was back. I did so love the last series. I'd have been watching the soaps tonight unaware, thanks for posting this
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Oh thank you Meg, I didn't know he was back. I did so love the last series. I'd have been watching the soaps tonight unaware, thanks for posting this
Hi Mary I will be opening a bottle of wine and having an hour of pure escapism with this lovely unassuming young man I am sure it will be a beautiful programme
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Then I will join you Meg with my boring glass of milk. Can't wait to see what daft things 'Ruebs' gets up to.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Reuben is really the star of the show, although that sidekick of his, Monty, does have some uses occasionally....

Nice to see them back.....
maryl
UK

11-08-2011, 06:00 PM

Oh good ..... another one who loves this programme. You're right about Rueben, he is bonkers!
maryl
UK

12-08-2011, 12:48 PM

What did you think? Isn't he a nice chap, didn't see much of Rueben though. I was happy last night as 'Single Handed' followed it, another favourite, an Irish night for me!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-08-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
What did you think? Isn't he a nice chap, didn't see much of Rueben though. I was happy last night as 'Single Handed' followed it, another favourite, an Irish night for me!
Hi Mary yes Monty is a nice chap , the sort of son any mother would be proud of .

This version of the escape seems slightly different to the Applecross and Hebrides adventures in that it has less about settling in to the surroundings.

I will enjoy it just the same and I guess there are many scenic treats to come.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 03:42 PM

I was a little annoyed with the continual Irish music playing in the background and I thought Monty was trying too hard sometimes. The pleasure of the last series was in the naturalness of the presenter, which seemed to be rather false this time, as was the repetitive formula,i.e. isolated cottage, growing own crops etc etc. Having said that it was easy viewing and the landscape was stunning, but for me it had lost the naive charm of the previous series.
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Absolutely adore this programme .. not least because the divine Mont is so easy on the eye. Shallow of me I know, but what the heck.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top