Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:14 PM

What have you done today ?

My contribution is I've spent two frustrating hours tracing the broken parts in the rear screen heater on the estate car.

The bleedin dogs have got it all scratched and the elements are so thin they break easily, . . I used a multi-meter to trace the small scratches because they're so small but big enough to stop electric current going through them, . . once traced you can repair the element with special conducting silver paint (£11 for a thimble sized bottle) you can get it from Halfords, . . . you have to let the paint cure for 24 hours before switching on the screen heater so I won't know 'till tomorrow if it's cured.

BTW, . . that silver paint can be used to repair electronic circuit boards that've cracked such as PC Mother boards and TV circuits that don't have heavy currents passing through them.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:46 PM

Re: What have you done today ?

Not much! Slept late, took out the recycling and trash, filled the bird feeder, rescued the paper, watered the houseplants with rainwater I'd collected, and plunked down here in front of the computer until lunch, which is imminent. Such an exciting life...
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Walked the dogs, been on the phone to a couple of friends, gone out to the nearest shop for candles, done all the ironing, washed up and am now in tears again as I'm not over the horrendous weekend I had and it's my birthday tomorrow which makes everything worse.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:56 PM

This is a great thread innit, . . . I would wish you happy birthday DG but I'll save it 'till tomorrow.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:59 PM

I got the wedding pictures this morning My friend stopped with her little boy and just left. I swim this afternoon so that is about all.

We're kinda of a Twitter over 50 with this thread
nero
Central Scotland

27-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
I got the wedding pictures this morning My friend stopped with her little boy and just left. I swim this afternoon so that is about all.

We're kinda of a Twitter over 50 with this thread
Yeah Joan, . . it could go on for days and days.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 06:56 PM

went shopping early. then went to a country butchers.just to have a peek at his prices. not too shabby either. shop is opposite the pub where jamie olivers mum n dad used to run. then came home in time to watch AVATAR and all i can say is if u havnt seen it yet WHY NOT its the most amazing film ever. 100 out of 100 just blew me away. and its got a story behind it.
so ive got to take ben for walkies then do dinner
nero
Central Scotland

27-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Our minister's had a bad day too.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 10:17 PM

The morning was spent shovelling earth into a wheelbarrow and transporting it up the garden, where it now sits in a big heap.

The afternoon was spent seeing a friend in a rehabilitation unit. No, not that kind of rehab . She broke her leg, has nobody at home to look after her and is undergoing long-term care and physiotherapy.

Originally Posted by nero ->
I used a multi-meter to trace the small scratches because they're so small but big enough to stop electric current going through them, . . once traced you can repair the element with special conducting silver paint....

....BTW, . . that silver paint can be used to repair electronic circuit boards that've cracked such as PC Mother boards and TV circuits that don't have heavy currents passing through them.
I've used that paint for repairing rear window elements Nero but not for electronics items. I used to mend cracked or burnt print by soldering strands of wire across the gaps. Some blokes used to just bridge breaks with solder alone but they nearly always cracked again. I never tried electric paint but maybe that could crack again. There's always a degree of flexibility in the paxolin. I think that's why solder alone never worked permanently anyway. Maybe the paint is slightly flexible too and may not crack because of that.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2010, 02:07 AM

I haven't done much today, been suffering with my bad back, just managed a bit of housework

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top