Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:22 PM

Re: Morning sunday

Originally Posted by Funky Farmer ->
It's a beautiful day here today, Most of the snow has gone from the lane now. Yesterday whilst thawing it was treacherous.

They give more snow here midweek. It's those Americans sending it over the pond, you know!
LOL, FF , the Canadians are sending it down to us first! Bah humbug, I hate snow!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Evening all-hope you are all well-had a very relaxing morning even if I couldn't get out for a walk, again! due to ice My neice and hubby and their 2 boys came to visit this afternoon-it was lovely to see them-hoping to see them again before they go back to Germany on 3rd Jan.

Saw the weather forecast short while ago-more snow to come for New Year had enough of it now......roll on Spring
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Evening All

Pleased to say no snow or ice left here

We had a smashing walk this afternoon with the dogs. Then lazed this afternoon and evening.

Entertaining tomorrow evening Quite nice in the fact the couple that are coming to dinner here are the people that were buying our house 2 years ago. We have become good friends
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Pleased to say the snow is still white & clean, -10 degrees (C)- and my doggie is pristine after our walks & in no need of a shower.
Just love the snow- it makes our days so much brighter. Even in the city with all the lights it makes a huge difference. After all we have just a few hours of daylight at this time of year.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 02:53 AM

Do people suffer much from SAD in Norway, Anna, or is everyone used to the lack of sunlight?
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 01:20 AM

Not quite sure what to answer to that, but in general I think most people is used to the lack of sunlight and makes the best out of it by lighting candles & making it cosy indoors.
However - people feels different about the winter-season - so I'm sure lots suffer from SAD here too.
Our country covers longtitudes from about 58 to 70 - so the difference between the southern and northern parts of the country is substantial.
Happily I live in the "middle part" - in the northern part there is no daylight at all for about three months in mid-winter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top