Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 11:13 AM

We Got Him

Sooner or later we're gonna getcha! Terrorists beware! It took ten years for the United States to track down Osama Bin Laden after his plot to crash planes into the trade center in New York. His fate was a bullet in the head.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

02-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Re: We Got Him

For certain a huge victory for the spooks, planners and not least the military unit who carried out their task without loss of American lives.
The cynical might also say it comes at a very handy time for the President personally, but they would whatever the circumstances.
The assassination of Bin Laden will not of course bring to an end the 'war on terror' as there will always be someone wanting to take up the cudgels on behalf of the extremist cause.
I read sometime ago Bin Laden had stepped back a little and that people like Adnan Shukrijumah had long since taken over control of Al-Qaeda, at least some of it as we know they are a worldwide organisation.

I just hope that his just demise will not be outweighed by any retaliatory attacks and more loss of innocent lives, which going off past events suggest that there will be some attempts made.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 02:55 PM

Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Remember one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 03:40 PM

If he indeed is dead, no one truly knew who bin laden was nor was there any pictures of the body .... I feel something is wrong here. Regardless to that news item we still have the terrorists running around freely in our own country which will now give them cause to create more havoc.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Remember one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!
I hope you are not insinuating for a second that Osama Bin Laden is a Freedom Fighter. If you are, I recommend they don't shoot you in the eye before dropping you in the middle of the ocean.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 07:01 PM

Not insinuating anything really, just a thought.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 08:38 PM

The DNA was a match; it's him. They're debating releasing the picture of the corpse as it's rather gruesome.... brains and gore.

So were the bodies of those he murdered .... almost 3,000 of our people.

Print it. "Those who live by the sword shall due by the sword."
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 08:57 PM

I hope this will give the families of the missing and murdered closure.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 09:50 PM

I am pleased for America this will help the healing.

What I am disgusted with is the BBC who stated that " the ALLEDGED person behind the 9/11 attack is dead

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top