Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:28 AM

What sort of helper would YOU be?

Often, when we have a close-knit community like ours, you'll get lots and lots of people interested in helping out. Of course it's be chaos making everyone a 'moderator', so I thought we could try something different here

How about we have a number of different types of 'helpers'?

For example:

Cheery Upper!
Tech Helper!
Spam Spotter!
Newcomers Mentor

We would then make it so that say anyone who has posted over 50 (maybe 100?) posts could select a title for themselves and then do whatever is expected of someone with that title and if they don't fancy it they can remove the title and go back to being a 'normal' member. This way, all regular members get a chance to help out (although there's absolutely no pressure to do so).

Of course we'll have a few mods too - but like all the sites I set up, we probably won't need any official mods for a while as I generally like to 'study' a site to see how it develops, as I like to tune each particular site to the community's needs and wants.

So what do you think? What type of helper might _you_ want to be? And what other titles/roles can you think of? They don't have to be serious, they can be fun too it's just as much about getting people to feel included and being part of something than just helping out.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 02:38 AM

Re: What sort of helper would YOU be?

I moderate an extremely large international forum and ive always felt I was good at customer services lol Unfortunately where I mod its extremely stressful! Im the tidy upperer.. I move posts, guide new posters, prod people who need prodding and generally keep things looking tidy. Its unlikely to occur on here but I can do txt talk so deciphering and correction are easy, if they argue there's always the whip!! Im a Leo so im good at most things!!!!!! hehehe
Helen
New Member!
UK
Helen is female 

27-12-2009, 03:44 AM

I also mod on another forum, am admin on another and own my own forum/admin, so busy bee. Im a Libra so always wanting to keep the balance !!
Unfortunately I have enough on the go at the minute with a busy website as well to look after but a good idea Azz.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 03:46 AM

I'd be glad to volunteer as a Spam Spotter! I've sort of done that unofficially on Catsey and have caught and reported some nasty ones.
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'd be glad to volunteer as a Spam Spotter! I've sort of done that unofficially on Catsey and have caught and reported some nasty ones.
I will volunteer to be a Spam eater......I love Spam
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 12:43 PM

I'm capricorn so I'm a bossy one
I think Azz knows me of old anyway, so he'll no doubt find a role
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:17 PM

I think Mags should be the Game Warden.
Person in charge of cookery - Lollipop Lady? Or Milk Monitor perhaps.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
For example:
Cheery Upper!
Tech Helper!
Spam Spotter!
Newcomers Mentor
Aha Azz I can see you are 'thinking outside the box' as my techie friends are always telling me

This is a good idea, I hope you canget it set up.

As for me well:-
a) Cheery upper - hmmmmm don't think so, at least OH is always telling me I'd be useless at it.
b) Tech Helper - maybe, but not on computers!!
c) Spam spotter - yes, but there's already been some volunteers for this
d) Newcommers mentor - hmmmmmmmmm - I think I might frighten them off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Funky Farmer
I will volunteer to be a Spam eater......I love Spam
I think as we get busier the Spammers will increase so I don't think we can have to many spotters. So I will volunteer to be one and to point Funky Farmer in the right direction so he can eat his fill..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I think Mags should be the Game Warden.
Person in charge of cookery - Lollipop Lady? Or Milk Monitor perhaps.
Game Warden ........ does that mean being in charge of wild members?

I think I would be useless as a Tech Helper ..... though I could tell someone how to post a poll

You always say I don't miss much, Azz, so I would be ok for a Spam Spotter too

Seriously, I'll volunteer as a helper for whatever you want

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top