Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Tory Tactics

UKIP have accused the Tories of running a smear campaign against them over the past 24 hours. Ken Clarke went on one of his rants calling UKIP nothing but a bunch of clowns and anyone who votes for them is also a clown, like the clown that's been voted in in Italy (Ken's words, not mine). UKIP have retaliated stating '"Instead of slagging them (the voters) off maybe he should try to wrap his head around the idea that UKIP are appealing to people due to the failure of the bloated self-satisfied political machine of which he is such a typical member." '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22328898

On Question Time, David Dimbelby said much the same thing to the usual three sat at the table - that they all appeared to be worried by UKIP (this following repeated verbal attacks on Farage).

Do you think the three main parties are concerned about UKIPs popularity? Are UKIP a real threat to them? Should UKIP be a real threat to them?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 10:27 PM

Re: Tory Tactics

Of course they are worried, but I would imagine most parties are worried.
I saw Kenneth Clarke say tonight that Ukip were made up of a bunch of clowns, but this sort of election talk as always gone on.
The time for them to really worry, is if the pensioners got a party going.
Who ever gets in, in these council elections or GE Had better keep the pensioners sweet or else.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Wouldn't it be great Wrinkly if that actually happened If there's a demonstration arranged, let me know and I'll make a plaquard and be on the boat over there to join in before you know it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 11:07 AM

Being insulting to the people you want to vote for you seems a little short sighted to me, as I am guessing they want us all to vote for them and not UKIP.

Always seems childish name calling too not grown up politics at all.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Count me in as well Wrinkley.
I am noto sure about UKIP. I would not vote for them, but I can imagine that both parties would be worried about them stealing votes (even if they are local election protest votes).
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 02:39 PM

I wouldn't vote for Ukip either, not for all the tea in China.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 05:03 PM

I would and have voted for them - not because (apart from their opposition to the EU) I agree with many of their policies, but because I want to kick the existing parties right in the goolies. For too long they have ignored the wishes and feelings of the electorate and have been able to because there has been no acceptable alternative. Now UKIP offers that alternative and their success might just make the existing three Tory Parties stop and think!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 05:26 PM

I agree with you Mick - lets hope it works !!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

29-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Ukip are saying all you want to hear, but mark my words they haven't the expertise nor the know how to carry it out, nor are they big enough.
To get out of Europe would be a giant mistake, we need the business.
Change our agreement with the EU, get back to a Common Market, which we originally did in the first place.
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 05:38 PM

They are certainly a threat to the Tories and to a lesser degree to the Liberals. I doubt they will worry Labour too much though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top