Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Re: We Got Him

Can I point out that Osama Bin Laden came from a very wealthy family.

I seem to remember that it was reported that he funded some of the action's himself.

This links, is very informative.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/155236.stm

Adrian.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I am pleased for America this will help the healing.
What I am disgusted with is the BBC who stated that " the ALLEGED person behind the 9/11 attack is dead
I can understand your comment but originally Bin Laden denied any connection whatsoever to the Twin Towers attack. Realising the media coup he could use to great effect, he may possibly have then admitted responsibility. Even the FBI was doubtful of his immediate hand in it as Al Qaeda is not actually a collective, controlled by a central command but more linked groups around the world with Bin Laden as the figurehead.
In fact, Bin Laden, in a Sept. 28, 2001, interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat, is reported to have said:
“I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.”
I think it would have been far better had he been captured but it could have led to some very awkward questions.
I'm glad he's gone as I believe that Al Qaeda is no longer the force it once was. The upheavals in the Middle East and North Africa had no connection with Al Qaeda as the calls were, and still are for Democracy, not strict Islamic States. stevmk2
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Since the success of the operation against Osama Bin Liner hit the news I have been wondering when the conspiracy theorists would come forward to say that it is all fake.
Well I would just like to reassure conspiracy theorists that Bin Liner is safe and well and is living on Mars with JFK, Marilyn, Elvis and a London double decker bus.

Seriously though, I fear a knee jerk reaction from some of his adherents or "Franchises" who will certainly seek revenge, so all security forces should be on high alert.
The battle against fundamentalist terrorists is far from over. What is interesting though is that Al Qaeda and its allies aimed to ignite the Arab world with a Jihad against the crusaders which all Arab youth would follow and also overthrow corrupt leaders who were not following the right path. Well they didn't. The Arab Spring which is currently underway is not inspired by fundamentalist Islam but by the desire of newly educated populations for democracy and freedoms such as are enjoyed by the West.

Al Qaeda and associates are on the back foot. They are in danger of becoming irrelevant. This will make them more dangerous for a while. In the end however,I believe that they will fail as they can only sell their dream of funadamentalist Islamic world domination to a few fanatics.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I can understand your comment but originally Bin Laden denied any connection whatsoever to the Twin Towers attack. Realising the media coup he could use to great effect, he may possibly have then admitted responsibility. Even the FBI was doubtful of his immediate hand in it as Al Qaeda is not actually a collective, controlled by a central command but more linked groups around the world with Bin Laden as the figurehead.
In fact, Bin Laden, in a Sept. 28, 2001, interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat, is reported to have said:
“I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.”
I think it would have been far better had he been captured but it could have led to some very awkward questions.
I'm glad he's gone as I believe that Al Qaeda is no longer the force it once was. The upheavals in the Middle East and North Africa had no connection with Al Qaeda as the calls were, and still are for Democracy, not strict Islamic States. stevmk2

He admitted it on a tape published in around 2004.

Will do some research to see if its still on the Net
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Thank you all I am enjoying this debate.

Adrian.
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 06:52 AM

No I am still not convinced. When Saddam Hussein was captured there was a trial and we all saw the body after execution, this has too many improbables.
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Mysterie - For me this ranks with the Moon landing and JFK fake theories. For this and those I would argue that too many people would have to be involved for it to stay secret for very long. Sooner or later someone somewhere would talk and the media would get hold of it.
In my view it would be nigh on impossible to cover up and even more so with the prying media which we have today.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 01:52 PM

I believe Bin Laden is dead and that is a good thing, but I think that all the publicity and speculation surrounding his death should now stop - I am getting a bit fed up with all the jublilation, intrigue and curiosity surrounding what after all was an organised killing (albeit necessary). We should now stop adding fuel to the fire by reveling in his demise and giving the extremists more fodder to feed their unbridled hatreds.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Now that he is dead (did he even exist?) can we have our rights back please?

Maybe he has been killed (all those bombs, 500,000 or so dead - bound to have been killed right?) and the politicians just want closure. Maybe there's more to it than even that - will we ever know the truth?

Please don't get personal in debates - just concentrate on what's said, not who said it.™
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2011, 06:45 PM

We are getting enough different tales to choose from. It is getting that you can choose one or a combination to suit any theory you like.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top