Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Re: Royal Wedding

Wasnt going to watch it at all ... but had a little peek at breakfast time and before you knew it it was teatime.It was lovely, what a nice family, her brother and sister were lovely too. Cant say the same about the hats though, were mirrors banned! Annie.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 07:35 PM

Talking about hats - where was Samantha Cameron's hat?
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Talking about hats - where was Samantha Cameron's hat?
She probably left it on the bus
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding ....... and so did the billions of other people going by news reports.

I thought it was one of the best Royal Weddings I've seen - William and Kate, now modern day royals, more relaxed, less pompous, pageantry was excellent...... congratulations to the lovely couple!
Well said Mags and I agree.

Circumstances meant I was driving all day yesterday but I did catch up on the evening news and I agree with you Mags, even if not an ardent Royalist one can't deny that here are two young people clearly very much in love and prepared to put that on show to the world.

As mentioned above the whole day was perfectly planned and implemented and I too was proud to be British yesterday and I feel that they have done a lot to make the monarchy more popular.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Agree with all that has been said-didn't watch it all day. but enjoyed what I saw. Thought Kate's dress was stunning, as was her Sisters. No wonder Wills told her she was beautiful at the altar!

Regarding hats...the two best ones I think, were the two Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice! Whoever told them they looked nice, needs their hands slapping!!!!!!!!!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 08:45 PM

One of the Eugenie/Beatrice combi looked like a mad deer with the maddest antlers ever lol
I got fed up with the cameraman constantly doing close ups of Elton & David Furnish and Elton looked as miserable as sin lol
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
One of the Eugenie/Beatrice combi looked like a mad deer with the maddest antlers ever lol
I got fed up with the cameraman constantly doing close ups of Elton & David Furnish and Elton looked as miserable as sin lol
Agree with you Cassie.....Victoria Beckham also looked as miserable as sin as well-don't think I saw her smiling once!
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Was up at 5 AM here to watch . Great coverage over here in Canada.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2011, 02:36 PM

Exactly where was Sams hat indeed!I couldnt believe it. Annie.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-05-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Agree with you Cassie.....Victoria Beckham also looked as miserable as sin as well-don't think I saw her smiling once!
She was probably a bit cross her tacky and dim husband had to change his gong to the right lapel midway through the proceedings.

It was said that William had asked Becks to be his best man and Dave had agreed but only if Victoria the spitting cobra sang at the reception.
The generous gesture was thankfully turned down as the happy couple wanted everyone to enjoy the event.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top