Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 07:21 AM

Sunny Saturday

Good morning all from a sunny Saturday in Sherwood. No plans for today really; we may go to the garden centre, we may go for a walk and we may have an omelette for lunch....who knows, don't we all need a little mystery in our lives..

Have a great day whatever you decide to do.

Barry
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Re: Sunny Saturday

Good Morrow Plantman et al
It is another sunny, if windy morning again. Today I think I might plant a few bedding plants out but on the other hand I might just go to the pub a bit later
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Good Afternoon all, its very dull out today with a promise of showers later. I think I'll head off to the local meself FF, I haven't been there for a while, thats one of the down sides of being over 50, when the old lads don't see you coming into the pub they think the worst has happened.
Take care folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 01:51 PM

Good morning all. It's supposed to be dry and have some sunshine today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the nicest day of the year. I'm just trying to think of some place to go that won't have many people. My bed?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 04:14 PM

Hi, all! Sunny but much below seasonal; quite a change from that pleasant run of warmth! It's only 11 C (52 F) and a rather brisk breeze. Nothing special on the agenda, am still sorting out clothes to be donated/discarded, and boxing up books.

Call from the hospital yesterday, surgery Tuesday at noon. Apprehensive, but want to get it over with.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm relieved you got your date Eileen, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and we'll all be here when you get back wanting to hear how it went and how you are. (Remember to pack some decent food?)
Mary xx
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 04:34 PM

LOL at the food, Mary! Wish I could; one of my worries is that you have to be on a liquid diet for a while, and afterwards a somewhat restricted diet till your colon is properly healed. I am such a food oriented person; that's going to be very hard for me ....

Thanks for your good wishes.....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Had a right hemi Colonoscopy 5 years ago, was dreading it but not as bad as the imagination thought. The food was diabolical.Good luck Eileen, Will think of you, Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

30-04-2011, 08:49 PM

I've had the colonoscopy, Annie, they found a malignant mass so this op is to remove it ...... agree, hospital food is abominable!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Glad you've got your date for op Eileen at long last. Its understandable that you're apprehensive-at least not long to wait and then you'll be back on the road to recovery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Tuesday.

Household jobs and big weekly shop after dinner. Then I met my friend and we went walking round the reservoirs and through the woods. Lovely walk, but somewhat spoiled in places by the smell of burning. The moors at the back of us were on fire. Helicopters were taking water out of the reservoir to try and put it out. Apparently the fire stretched for about 3 miles - so sad to see the blackened moors and the flames. I hope the deers and other creatures that live there, managed to flee without injury........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top