Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 08:51 AM

Stonemouth

Must have a look at this (Mon 9pm BBC1). Stonemouth is based on MacDuff - a large fishing village a few miles along the coast from where I live and filming took place last year. However, it's been a long time since any of the coastal towns have had a railway station so obviously it's been filmed in several locations.

Parts of various programmes have been filmed along this bit of the coast.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 09:00 AM

Re: Stonemouth

I will look out for that George
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 10:00 PM

I didn't much care for the programme, but I was interested by the location as it was filmed round here. Talk about artistic license.....
I recognised most of the locations which cut between Banff, MacDuff, Fraserburgh and Cruden Bay. The most glaring change was what looked like the Forth road bridge outside Banff!

The most prominent place however was Macduff. It's not the prettiest town, but it's not as bad as Stonemouth might suggest.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 05:44 AM

It's not on down here until Thursday George, BBC2 at 9pm.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top