Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 01:27 PM

Re: What event has had the most impact on your life

Mine was my sons accident in March 2000 which led to me to losing my house and all the problems I now have with him. I wonder if my two would now be grown up in good jobs and settled otherwise..... possibly not but but I'll never know.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 02:16 PM

For me it was leaving home to live with my new husband, the children that followed and then my grandchildren.

My other life changing experience was my first holiday abroad. I was then hooked on finding out what other countries and cultures were like, so I have spent years of saving hard and spending it on travel. I hope to achieve a long visit to Australia before too long.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 03:53 PM

Until a year ago, I would have said my separation/divorce over 15 years ago now, which lead me on the journey of being a single mother as it shaped who I am today, but... the most impact emotionally on me was my sister's cancer and death a year ago Dec. Not sure where that goes, but I know its still (and feel will be) always with me.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Thank you Graham for bumping this...I hadn't noticed it before.

My first grandchild, born with so many problems. Not expected to live after his first heart operation at two weeks of age (due for another this spring).
I'm pleased and proud to say, he will be sixteen soon!
GOSH is a wonderful place.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 06:22 PM

Would you believe, Hitlers mob bombing our home, and then my father at sea.
If it hadn't have been for those two events, I wouldn't have met my wonderful step dad, and eventually my wife.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Two things have affected me most profoundly.

Going to live in Londonderry in 1979 with my then husband Frank for two years. Northern Ireland was going through some of the most traumatic times and we just had to go and get lost driving from Belfast, ending up in the Shankhill Road, accidentally. That was terrifying enough, but there were other events which would take too long to tell you about.

Secondly, I'd gone out one Friday night to meet a friend and this was the first time I hadn't gone out with my partner, Gordon. He'd driven me to where I was to meet my friend and he was to come back and take us both home later that evening. I got no reply from his mobile and the landline, and I came home to find him dead on my kitchen floor.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 01:04 AM

mine was when my best friend at the time was sleeping with my boyfriend, i went back to his flat on his birthday to give him my present, he had claimed he was ill so cancelled our date.

i found him in bed with my best friend.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:54 AM

That's any easy question for me. My acceptance of Jesus as my Lord and Savior brought peace and tranquility to the rest of my life. This began September 19, 1978.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Seeing my dad have a heart attack when I was 13 has always stuck in my mind, that happened in Jan 1976 he died 10 days later aged 50.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I also go for divorce, I took 20 years of beatings both mental and physical from that man. It changed me totally when I finally got away from him, I look in the mirror and see me again not this scared wee lassie.
Then I lived on my own for 10 years till I started to realise my best friend was actually a georgous fella lol. Sometimes you never realise what's been right under yer nose for most of yer life.
We almost walk in the same shoes Roxy although it only took me a year to realise my gorgeous fella was not only my best friend but my helpmate and love. He is a lot younger than me and I never dreamed in a million years this bloke would ever love me certainly not after 22 years of pysical and mental abuse. He made the greatest impact on me and I am grateful he is here every day.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top