Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Let's live for a change..

Y'know, sometimes I get a bit tired of talking about smoking, illness and dying. Sure, we're all going to shuffle off this mortal coil one day, but I'd like to be having some fun before I go.

So, I'm going to think about what I'd realistically like to achieve. Here are a few things..

1. Bag a few Monros.. for the uninitiated, a Monro is a Scottish mountain over 3000 ft. Between 2500 and 2999 ft, it is a Corbett. Climbing a Monro is called 'Bagging' it.

2. The Scottish National walking trail has opened. It is 470 miles long. I'd like to walk as much of it as possible.

3. Have a flight in a vintage Bi-plane.

4. See the northern lights in Lappland and go on a sleigh ride.

Forget about banning smoking, or what song you want at your funeral. What do you want to do before you go?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Re: Let's live for a change..

My wife and I want to:

1. Sip wine in a hot tub north of the Arctic Circle while watching the Northern Lights

2. Drive up the West Coast of the US from Mexico to Canada on a Harley

3. Go scuba diving off a coral atoll.

I'd still like to climb Everest, but she won't come with me on that one!!

Mick
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 06:43 PM

Well I'm not a very adventurous man George and Mick and while I wish you both the best with your bucket list, I think I've done all I ever wanted to do, and I'm happy within myself, all I want now is tranquility and an easy time of it, can't be bothered arguing with anyone anymore, it they think they are right, let them think it, who cares.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Good luck with your list of 'would like to do's 'George

I feel my life has been too full already, now all I want to do is to retreat to a place of safety and calm where no demands are made of me and I am left alone in my own little world
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 08:14 AM

We ' Live ' every day. Been there, done that, got the T shirt, now we go out and see the real world of Mother Nature, the harshness and pleasures that mother natures creatures have in their lives.

Foraging for food to stay alive, searching for water on frozen days, searching for shelter on wild wet days and trying to stay warm.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 08:31 AM

More and more I feel that although I've done quite a few things, I've never been quite adventurous enough. I've always walked a fairly safe path and now I feel that I should be having a lot more fun before I do get too ancient.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
More and more I feel that although I've done quite a few things, I've never been quite adventurous enough. I've always walked a fairly safe path and now I feel that I should be having a lot more fun before I do get too ancient.

Too late for me George matey. Although I too have had some adventure in my youth, nowadays whilst I often think I'd like to this or that, my poor battered body won't allow to do so.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well I'm not a very adventurous man George and Mick and while I wish you both the best with your bucket list, I think I've done all I ever wanted to do, and I'm happy within myself, all I want now is tranquility and an easy time of it, can't be bothered arguing with anyone anymore, it they think they are right, let them think it, who cares.

JEM, you have just described my MISSION STATEMENT.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 12:34 PM

I have no bucket list nor do I want one. I am content to do what I want when I want having worked and brought up a family.

I am however going on a great adventure next year. I am going to the other side of the world to visit a close relative.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire

30-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Ohhhh - this is disappointing. I had thought that everyone would be "up and at 'em" and aiming to go in a blaze of glory.

I've done a few fun things - had a paddle boat trip on the Missisippi, travelled across the Great lakes, got blind drunk at the Oktoberfest in Germany, travelled to the Arctic circle in Lappland to see the real Santa etc.. but there's still so much more to do and see. Hopefully I've still got a good few years left, and I want to make good use of them..

As they say " there's no fool like an old fool"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top