Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Re: Watch out! watch out! there's a spider about!

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oops....sorry Mertz
Apology accepted Mags........just don't mention moths and daddylongs
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Apology accepted Mags........just don't mention moths and daddylongs
Pardon? Did you say something about moths and daddylonglegs?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Pardon? Did you say something about moths and daddylonglegs?
I might as well not have done Mags
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 10:33 PM

I don't mind moths, the cats usually get them anyway; while I'm not what you'd call fond of daddy longlegs they don't inspire me with instant revulsion/horror and loathing like spiders.

Sorry, merz!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 11:01 AM

I had noticed there seem to be more spiders than usual both inside and out . I don't mind spiders, some of my shrubs like the cotoneaster are simply covered in webs and I keep having to sweep them off with the broom because the plant doesn't seem to like them.

We get lots of indoor 'spindly spiders' here with long legs and tiny biddies, I move them one day and they are back the next.

Chloe the Schnauzer is a great spider catcher and will spend hours sitting watching one
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 11:37 AM

Cassie cat is a good spider catcher and muncher but the bigger ones do seem to confuse her.....she just plays tap, tap with them!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 04:51 PM

My cats have always ignored them.... no help there!
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:41 PM

We are semi-rural so loads of crawlers around. I don't mind spiders they catch the little moths that keep eating our carpets grrrrrrr
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:15 PM

We have lots of spiders come in, the dogs pounce on them. When I was younger I would run off if there was a spider but now I don't mind them, I often have them in the bedroom on the ceiling, so long as they don't run across me I am fine.

I couldn't kill one, I don't even kill wasps although I really don't like them.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 09:24 PM

I too don't mind spiders but I couldn't pick one up I would be afraid of squishing it we have a spider catcher a vase and coaster which works a treat and a toss into the garden ... My daughter is terrified of them and once there was one in the bathroom and she rolled a towel and put it outside the door so it couldn't get out and the same inside her bedroom door

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top