Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Decaf
Kent
Decaf is female  Decaf has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:50 PM

Belly rubs!

Does anyone else have a dog/ pet who wants a belly rub, in the most inappropriate moments....and if so how do you explain it to a non pet owner??
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Re: Belly rubs!

Mollie, no matter who when or where will roll over for a tummy tickle she just adores it. Can be in a muddy puddle, on the village green, in front of the vicar's wife, she just doesn't care. Right floosy she is !
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 02:08 PM

My old girl never has , prefering her head and face to be petted but my old boy would walk on his back if he could so some one can rub his belly... and normally has his lipstick sticking out as well ...pervert that he is !!! ;0)
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 05:20 PM

None of mine are particularly interested in belly rubs. They want kisses.. and sometimes I just don't want a big sloppy doggie tongue on my face. Why are dogs so interested in licking our faces and mouths?

Found this

http://pets.thenest.com/dogs-lick-hu...aces-5892.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 05:54 PM

When I used to breed my dogs, the pups used to rush up and lick their Mum's face to make her regurgitate for them. Young wolves to the same, and probably foxes too. They also like to smell what you have eaten on your breath.
I also like to think they do it to us as a display affection as well.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Both of my dogs love a tummy rub, but isn't it supposed to be a sign of submission...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:26 PM

My little dog loves it, he just rolls over and waits for you to rub him, he was rescued and I think he just needs reassurance every now and then, otherwise he's a very contented little chap.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 12:04 AM

When I'm saying goodnight to my dogs, as I reach down to ruffle the hair of the one-from-oldest, she always quickly rolls over onto her back for a night night belly rub instead. It's a lovely sign of trust when they offer you their most vulnerable part isn't it.
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 05:01 PM

YumYum, my cat, absolutely adores her tummy being rubbed or tickled! She has been known and seen to literally throw herself on her back for Ed to give her tummy some attention

I think it's more unusual for cats than dogs to offer their tummies up for a tickle, and I know many people who won't go anywhere near a cat tummy. Can't think why!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Oh well you hadn't met my cat who would rip you to shreds if you touched her tum, she was ferile when she decided it was time to live in a house again so it was like having a young lioness sitting on the arm of your chair looking at your face. She came from next door but one and caused tremendous problems as she wouldn't go home, in the end it all worked out, her name was Poppy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top