Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 11:37 PM

Re: Birthday piccies

You did'nt ruin my day at all Joan, . . I just like to air my views now and again as you probably all know.

Ear cropping has bee banned here for decades BTW, . . it's barbaric IMO, . . however, tail docking and the removal of dew claws was permitted provided the puppies were less than 3 days old and the procedure carried out by a vet.

Dew claws have always been removed to lessen the risk of dogs getting them caught up and tearing in grass when making quick turns in fields.

Tails in working breeds can be a problem, especially for gun dogs rummaging about in undergrowth, . . guard dogs with tails make it easier for an assailant to grab hold of rendering the dog helpless.

The list goes on so I'll leave it there, . . however I will say that not all vets were in favour of the ban.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Happy birthday boys, they enjoyed the cake by the looks of it. Glad you saved a bit for Mea - I was thinking poor wee soul.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->

Ear cropping has bee banned here for decades BTW, . . it's barbaric IMO, . . ho
I wish the U.S. would think so!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Happy Birthday to them Both, Dennis.

Your photos are brilliant as always. I love those Rotties. Each one has their own expression.

Big hugs to each of them from me and doggy licks from Loki.

Take care - looking forward to my next fix of Rotties

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top