Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Re: One of those 'moments'........

An interesting article in the paper yesterday discussing memory loss as we age. They pointed out that it's quite normal: not to worry if you can't remember where you put the car keys, worry when you don't remember what the car keys are for!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
An interesting article in the paper yesterday discussing memory loss as we age. They pointed out that it's quite normal: not to worry if you can't remember where you put the car keys, worry when you don't remember what the car keys are for!
thought you were going to say 'worry when you don't remember where the car is!). Talking cars.....a couple of years ago parked in a multi-storey car park. My sister said we'll have to remember what floor we're on, so I made a mental note Floor 8 and parked next to stair door. Came back to car park went to floor 8-couldn't find the car-she said she didn't think we were that high up-convinced her we were as it was deceiving going up and round the ramps. A full hour later we started at the bottom and found the car-parked next to stair door on floor 3 Wasn't my memory that failed me but my eyesight-didn't have my glasses on and read the 3 was actually 8
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Lol, merz, even with my glasses on an eight and a three sometimes look alike I liked that story!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 02:01 PM

The brain is like any other part of your body, you have to exercise it and not sit and stagnate IMO.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 04:36 PM

OH has been saying he needed a new pair of shoes but never gets round to doing anything about it. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found a brand new pair in a box in the spare room. The strange thing was they were identical to the ones he was throwing out Yes, he'd bought a second pair forgetting he'd already got them, so put a pair away until the first pair wore out and then forgot what he'd done. However when I presented him with my find he announced they were no good because they didn't fit. Um....same size, style colour.....
I can't talk. I'm just as bad. I bought a new warm waterproof jacket last winter because I'd completely forgotten I'd put a perfectly good one in another cupboard at the beginning of the summer.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Merz has reminded me of the time we lost the car park as well as the car. I was still in my twenties and visiting Newcastle, I think, for the first time. We parked in a multi story and went off to the shops. First of all I couldn't find the way out of Mothercare and then couldn't find the car park. Eventually tired and grumpy I asked a traffic warden where the car park was. He asked which one. There were five and I had to look at three of them to find the car. Never been back there again.
Just shows how young senior moments can begin.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 07:20 AM

Yesterday I could not find my mobile phone ANYWHERE! So in the end OH had the brill idea of calling it from the landline while I searched the house....sure enough it was found --slid down the side of my easy chair!
Jan
Scotland

04-10-2009, 01:28 PM

Wish we hadn't started talking about this now. I'm frantically trying to remember what I did with the dogs' Thermos. (I know they're spoiled. When we go out I take their water in a flask to keep it cool) Anyway I KNOW I filled it yesterday, but it wasn't in the car at the end of the walk, had to buy bottled water instead. Its nowhere to be seen in the kitchen and not in the cupboard it usually lives in. So what have I done with it?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jan ->
Merz has reminded me of the time we lost the car park as well as the car. I was still in my twenties and visiting Newcastle, I think, for the first time. We parked in a multi story and went off to the shops. First of all I couldn't find the way out of Mothercare and then couldn't find the car park. Eventually tired and grumpy I asked a traffic warden where the car park was. He asked which one. There were five and I had to look at three of them to find the car. Never been back there again.
Just shows how young senior moments can begin.
I've done that Jan, there's a multi-level car park in Glasgow near Buchanan St, . . when I returned I searched all the levels and had a helluva job finding the car.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 02:25 PM

My Hubby once tried to get into what he thought was his car, only to realise after a while, it was identical to his.....but not his car!!!

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top