Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:27 AM

New ink cartridge not aligned properly

Just put in a new black ink cartridge. Went through the alignment process, scanned it but got the message not recognised. Tried to print in black, but failed.

Tried it again. Still not working. Now, with the tiny amount of ink in these cartridges anyway, I could end up trying this again and again and then running the blimming thing dry.

I have an HP Photosmart C4580 and installed a cartridge from Morrisons. I'm wondering, could the cartridge have dried up before installation?

Any suggestions please, folks? I hope not to have to use the printer again for a bit (printing out posters for our allotment association) but there will come a time soon when I may need it. I can't face the thought of losing out on about £12.

Thanks.
Janet
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:32 AM

Re: New ink cartridge not aligned properly

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Any suggestions please, folks?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Ok, made me laugh!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 10:39 AM

Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Helpful?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...duct=3418707#N

I assume you have removed the protective tape
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Twas a huge plastic covering. (I ain't that daft! lol)
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 12:13 PM

I've forgot to do it once.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Took a look on the site for alignment failures but nothing came up.
Thanks.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 12:57 PM

Took a look on the site for alignment failures but nothing came up.
Thanks.
Hang on a sec - alignment? I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. What you need to know is whether there is any ink in the cartridge. Alignment is something entirely different.

Are there any red lights showing indicating that a cartridge is empty? Is there a display you can activate to view cartridge levels? Such things are normally found under 'maintenance'. On my own I can access such when I attempt to print something off.

When a cartridge is renewed normally the print heads need priming - again usually found under 'maintenance'.
Jimmy
Lancashire

19-08-2013, 01:48 PM

I don't mean the plastic cover that it is contained in, once you have removed the covering most ink cartridges have a small piece of tape over the ink outlet, so that the ink does not come out before use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top