Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Re: Teachers

If a subject didn't interest me I was guilty of daydreaming, good teachers made uninteresting subjects interesting, then we had moody teachers who were having a bad day, kids can pick up on this and switch off so to speak.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2016, 10:17 PM

Most of the teaachers first of all didn't earn the respect of those they were trying to teach. Some teachers just could not teach even though they knew their subject. Teaching is not just telling what to learn but how to make it interesting at the same time.

AS you all well know my hobby is photography. I often get asked how, what or why by people and I find that just saying do this or do that conveys nothing. if I am asked face to face a question or even on forums I try to explain the reason behind my answers or demonstrate if possible. That way hopefully the answers I give creates an interest and the person goes away wih a new eagerness to try out my suggestions.

getting the information from teacher to pupil so they understand I feel is more important that just quoting from a book
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2016, 10:23 PM

Our Teachers had a lot to put up with, respect to them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thought all my teachers were good at school..... that doesn't necessarily mean that I excelled at their subjects though

I think the classes were more orderly years ago, these days they are lacking discipline in the classrooms so how can the children concentrate on lessons as we did.
i agree completely. All of my teachers, as far as I remember, at both primary and secondary level were excellent and discipline was never a problem in those days.

When I became a teacher I did my best to emulate them, both in making the subjects interesting and in maintaining discipline.

Sadly, times had changed (or perhaps it was just the demographic of the area I was in), and the matter of discipline suffered. This was certainly exacerbated by the attitude of many parents who, along with their children, served to spoil it for the more interested and willing pupils.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Most of the teaachers first of all didn't earn the respect of those they were trying to teach. Some teachers just could not teach even though they knew their subject. Teaching is not just telling what to learn but how to make it interesting at the same time.

AS you all well know my hobby is photography. I often get asked how, what or why by people and I find that just saying do this or do that conveys nothing. if I am asked face to face a question or even on forums I try to explain the reason behind my answers or demonstrate if possible. That way hopefully the answers I give creates an interest and the person goes away wih a new eagerness to try out my suggestions.

getting the information from teacher to pupil so they understand I feel is more important that just quoting from a book
You must have dug deep to find this thread Bazza, the last post was 7 years ago!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 12:54 AM

It took that long for me to think of how to respond to the heading
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You must have dug deep to find this thread Bazza, the last post was 7 years ago!
I do miss Nero a great poster.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 07:16 AM

This is where this box mirrors life, the trick is, to be great, when you are "Old Hat", or disappear, before you become so, or, visit Deed Poll.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I do miss Nero a great poster.
Yes, he certainly was Galty.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:57 AM

My teachers wore those black hats with tassels , black cloaks and when I went into that secondary school from day one I decided I wouldn't attend . I would attend registration and assembly then bunk off till registration at the end of the day . Consequently foolish me had no education . The school board man was always knocking on the door too . As you can tell I was a mixed up kid . Life has been my education .

Turn full circle and I go to college each year to study and I love it . I got qualifications from the age of fifty and realised I wasn't "thick" as I'd been told I was . I love studying .

My daughter is a teacher , a brilliant one too , music and drama , she brings the best out In her pupils and takes note of those who need a little more help and guidance .

With hindsight I should have gone to school and studied as my grandaughters do , but I've made up for it in later life .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top