Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Re: Female type question !

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Not sure Silver Tabby, but you could try it. Can't you buy fresh rosemary in the herbs section at the supermarket ???

er ... Never thought of that ! I think I need another cup of tea!!

I will certainly give this a try and report back.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Thanks Sandi, I've copied that... doesn't it make your hair sticky?... what if you're going out somewhere ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:41 PM

I've taken the scissors to mine this morning and cut myself a fringe, must say it looks better ! So will keep it long a while longer and have a fringe to hide the wrinkles. Looks a bit younger too than having it scrapped back so much.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:57 PM

No Maggis. It doesn't. It makes your hair lovely and soft. It smells a little bit when you first put it on but after a couple of minutes you wouldn't even know. I had Barbra using it because after all the chemo her hair was terrible, really dull and lifeless and she could pick the difference after the first time she put it in. Unfortunately it won't help her this time because the chemo this time will make all her hair fall out again.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Back to the question...

I wear trousers ALL the time. I do have one single skirt (part of a suit with a matching colour jacket), but I've only ever worn that at family weddings. And besides, I am now chunkier than a few years ago so not sure it'll fit/suit.

I usually hate dresses and skirts anyway on me. I've tried some on in shops, look in the mirror and the reflection is hideous!! I used to have a dark blue one, many moons ago, which did look nice, but I was slimmer then. But as just said, most don't suit me at all.

As for my hair, I despair of it. Like some people on here, it is very thin, shows the scalp, and I too have to wear a hat to avoid sunburn, and it just refuses to grow long. To keep it tidy it must be kept in a short bob, usually layered. If I go over a due cut, I feel untidy, and cannot wait to get to a hair salon.

My usual hairdresser is apparently the only one in that salon, and if she leaves and the salon closes, it will be curtains for my cuts. There is only one ladies nearby which I've never used, and I don't know where to go!!

There was a good one at the top of my road, but it's been closed since the beginning of this year. The shop has been left empty since then, ready to be let out.

So. Yes to trousers, and yes to short hair. Oh, and the hair is getting greyer. Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 04:56 PM

I find as I age, I prefer to see myself in shorter hair, suits my age better, as for pants ? I think because it is so much more confortable, and we can move as we want with no worries of anything showing lol
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 07:18 PM

need to come and live in our village Jazzi, must be at least 8 hairdressers/barbers here, also good for Estate Agents and takeaways, but not much else.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 01:48 PM

Julie,

I think the Lavender is just for smell, try an oil that you like. Actually any smell is gone within a couple of minutes.

Smelling like roast lamb with Rosemary, while nice for some, isn't quite appropriate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Ok will give it a go then. Will report back with results
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Julie,

I think the Lavender is just for smell, try an oil that you like. Actually any smell is gone within a couple of minutes.

Smelling like roast lamb with Rosemary, while nice for some, isn't quite appropriate.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm - delicious!!!!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top