Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Re: The joys of dog ownership

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Maybe the dogs are picking up our aversions....

I can stop Sal rolling on a lead (obviously) and even within close distance off lead...but when she is a fair distance away I can read her body language which is "Ohhh, she's miles away I can roll before she can stop me" (of course I cna see this going through her head.
And she rolls...I could stop her if I wanted to by shouting but I don't unless I have not got time to rinse/wash her off when I get home...she loves it and hey who am I to stop her.
But Sal is a Stafford and has a short coat and easy to rinse off I don't worry overyly
Ifshe were long coated or something I would have an aversion.
I hate the collar thing though....yukky...ughhh... I have in the past thrown Sal in the river/lake to clean off....and long grass comes in handy to poke through the holes in the collar.
Oh defiantly picking up our aversion Kazz if they are on the other end of a lead..

I get the same body language from Chloe I swear she gives me a smug look which says ''I am going to fling myself on top of this and you can't do a thing about it '' by the time I get around to saying 'leave' it's too late, her legs are already flailing in the air.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Re: The joys of dog ownership

I never thought of that before Meg, thanks that makes perfect sense....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top